How to play mpg files on tv

S

skyscore

Hello everybody,

Sorry if this is a silly question, but i wanted to play many files that are present on my pc on my tv through my panasonic ES 10 dvd player. When i burn the files onto the disc (after converting them into mpg files ) and insert the dvd into the dvd player it just says "unsupport". Is there any other way i can watch these clips on my tv ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheerio

If your DVD Player doesnt support playback of raw files then you will have to convert them to VCD (for MPEG1 files) or SVCD/DVD (for MPEG2 files)

Many thanks Andy and IJ for your quick replies. Ok just to make it a bit more clear , i have already converted the avi etc. files into dvd (MPEG 2) AND VCD by using WinAVI convertor. Even after these avi files have been converted into the dvd or vcd/svcd format (mpeg1 and 2 ) , my dvd player (Panasonic DMR ES 10 ) would not play them and says unsupport when i insert the disc.

So i am wondering what else can i do to be able to play the files. Video help shows my dvd player can play wma files but i dont think it does...it only plays mp 3 files which are obviously audio files and i want to pay video ones :mad:

Thanks again.

Could it be the type of media you are buring the DVD onto?

Also, are you sure that our burning the files to DVD correctly?

The Golden Rule is that all files need to go in the VIDEO_TS folder. Nothing goes in the AUDIO_TS

Could it be the type of media you are buring the DVD onto?

Also, are you sure that our burning the files to DVD correctly?

The Golden Rule is that all files need to go in the VIDEO_TS folder. Nothing goes in the AUDIO_TS

And that is exactly what Nero will do

Nero ( vision) does work as it "authors" DVDs.
By that I mean It creates a DVD structure from the mpegs and turns them into VOBs .
VOBs are mpegs which have beem multiplexed with PCM or ac3 audio, placed in a Video_TS folder along with *.ifo*.and *.bup files. These latter files are menu navigational files ( and thier backups files) which are standard DVD architecture your DVD player will recognise once a disc is placed into it as a standard DVD-video.

Just burning Mpeg files to a Data DVD "rom" means your settop DVD player will notsee the disc as a video disc even though in though in its most basic form, a DVD player is essentially a hardware mpeg decoder .
Needless to say, in contrast most modern DVD players have divx decoding software which allows playback of mpeg4 files ( divx, xvid mp4) with an avi extension to play off a DVD or CD rom .
Uleads DVD MovieFactory 5 may be worth giving a look when Nero begins to seem too "simple"

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom