• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How to play HD Movie on Samsung DVD HD 870???

petar

Standard Member
Don't laugh please.... This is perhaps trivial question for most of you but I am getting mad....

I have samsung DVD HD-870, which claims 1080i compatibility and as well DIVX...

Q) In which format and codec I need to burn a dvd to be able to watch HD movie?

I have downloaded several trailers in high definition as avi, jpg, mtk (extracted avi from mtk) and nothing seems to be recognized by this player.... I have hdmi cable and all setup correctly and I can watch "normal" (DVDs from video club) movies.... I tried many formats, converters and nothing works....

Anyone had this problem ??? :rolleyes: (Note this is not a blue ray dvd player).

Jon_P

That player only supports divx upto a certain resolution, basically the frame sizes of the higher definition videos you're trying to play on it are outside its supported configuration. Theres also a possibility that it probably doesn't understand the codec that the video was encoded with so it won't play it back on those grounds.
When you say its 1080i compatible, Samsung mean it upscales standard definition to 1080i, not that it understands what 1080i encoded video is. This DVD player doesn't support HD Content playback, just standard definition upscaled to a higher definition

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom