How to PERMANENTLY turn off BBCi interactive logo ? on Panasonic PX60

U

UK_Plasma_Man

Hi,

Can anyone advise is it possible to PERMANENTLY turn off the Red BBCi interactive logo which appears when the news is on???

I have a Topfield pvr which has a system menu setting allowing you to do this - but cannot find it on the Panasonic PX60 model. I get fed up having to press the green button to get rid of it, and I am concerned about retention/burn.

Thanks.

mannyo

You can disable it during the broadcast, just press the green button on the remote.

keefers

Novice Member
This works on the Pioneer PDP436XDE too. Dunno why they don't tell you in the manual or anything :confused:

K.

U

UK_Plasma_Man

You can disable it during the broadcast, just press the green button on the remote.
Yes - I know about that bit - The question is can it be set to OFF permanently on PX60s and still remain off after turning tv off and on again??

keefers

Novice Member
Yeah, wouldn't that be handy? It's almost like they (the broadcasters) don't want us to be able to do that :(

K.

Gussie

You cannot PERMANENTLY turn off the BBCi interactive logo on a Panasonic PX60.

The Panasonic DVB-T firmware does not have that functionality - some Freeview STBs may have - but I think unlikely - the best you can do is wear out that Green button!

Months ago when I asked Panasonic about this - they were not even aware of the Green button feature. This is the reply I got from their supposed technical experts ...

Ticket number: PHAD-6PVKVU

ISSUE DESCRIPTION: EMAIL REQUEST: Subject - CONTACTUSINTERNET/TELEVISION AND PLASMA/PLASMA PANEL ( HOME )/OPERATIONAL / QUALITY / SPECIFICATION/4/31/322<. DETAILS:

Ref : CQI6813

I have recently purchased the Panasonic th42px60, there is a problem where when there is an option to press the red button option on certain channels this can be removed by pressing the back key on sky but how do you get rid of it on freeview

ISSUE RESOLUTION:

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry.

In response, I would explain that unfortunately as this is sent via the broadcast there is no way of de activating the red dot.

We trust that the above information will be of assistance to you. However, of course, if you should have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 08705 357357 or email us using the following email address:

[email protected]

Kind regards

Customer Support

This issue has been raised many times on this and other forums.

Gussie :)

Siamese Cat

Hi,

Can anyone advise is it possible to PERMANENTLY turn off the Red BBCi interactive logo which appears when the news is on???

I have a Topfield pvr which has a system menu setting allowing you to do this Thanks.
Didn't know the Topfield had a menu item turning it off permanently. Wonderful. That on it's own would make me choose a Topfield.

I've got a Humax PVR9200 attached to my plasma. What I do is press the pause button followed by the play button so what you end up doing is watching the recording about 1/2 second behind transmission. Or even closer if you have nimble fingers. No red button, but you have to redo it if you change channels.

U

UK_Plasma_Man

Didn't know the Topfield had a menu item turning it off permanently. Wonderful. That on it's own would make me choose a Topfield.

Yes I am sure it does - but I am a little unsure if it is with a TAP l have loaded (JAG), or with a later firmware etc. The one thing I know is it the BBCi logo NEVER comes up with the Topfield, and I am sure this is due to a setting I activated buried within the system menu somewhere a good while back...