How to obtain freesat on LG 49UF695V-ZA TV

TKStafford

Novice Member
Hi,
I have the above TV. I have connected the satellite to the TV directly and have searched for Free to air channels on the Astra 28.2E satellite. The LNB is set to 9750/10750. I have tried multiple transponder but cannot get any free to air channels. I've been at this for hours trying different transponder settings but still can't get the regular free to air channels. There is no problem with the satellite dish as I can get the usual channels on the sky box, but I want to do away with sky and just use my tv. Can anyone advise what The satellite settings should be please? Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

SeeMoreDigital

TKStafford

Novice Member
It gets some channels but none of the BBC, itv, channel 4, channel 5 etc.

There is a list of transponders to choose from, so I'm going through them all one by one but it's taking forever. And because I don't have a clue what I'm doing, it's driving me nuts! Thanks for your reply.

spinaltap

Distinguished Member
You need to select the Freesat EPG, not Astra, to receive Freesat.

SeeMoreDigital

You need to select the Freesat EPG, not Astra, to receive Freesat.
Unfortunately, this particular model of LG television does not offer a dedicated 'Freesat' tuning option. What you have to do is either: -

* Perform a 'global scan' (or whatever LG call it) which picks up every possible channel. And then re-number (blue option) the channels you want and hide the ones you don't (green option).

* Perform a 'manual scan' of the transponders you want. Which will still pick up some unwanted channels. And then re-number (blue option) the channels you want and hide the ones you don't (green option).

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom