Question How to obtain decent picture on itv hub ?

mints

Established Member
Reaction score
The only times I have seen a good quality image from the hub has been via Sky.
Is there any other way to view to have a decent picture equal to that of iplayer.

No:(. It's basically at a lower resolution than the BBC iPlayer High quality offering.
ITV hub is IPTV and nothing to do with Sky (unless you mean via your Sky box)

No:(. It's basically at a lower resolution than the BBC iPlayer High quality offering.
ITV hub is IPTV and nothing to do with Sky (unless you mean via your Sky box)

Sky has an arrangement where the original programme content is downloaded to the subscribers hard drive. As a result catch up works on a slow connection and playback is same quality as original live transmission.

The ITV Hub is currently in transition by switching from Flash to HTML5. I beta tested this new player on the YouView box and my feedback was highly complementary about the jump in picture quality.
What device are you using to view the player?

The ITV Hub is currently in transition by switching from Flash to HTML5. I beta tested this new player on the YouView box and my feedback was highly complementary about the jump in picture quality.
What device are you using to view the player?
I have a You View HuaweI DNC360T supplied free from Talk Talk a few years ago, never used it until I left Sky about 12months ago as I cannot get the hub on my Sony tv and Humax box I gave it a try on the You View and found it very poor.
You mention an improved system in beta if this is still available I will connect the box again and give it a try.

The beta trial finished a long time ago. On YouView the ITV Hub is now HTML5, as is the entire platform.
In regard to your Android Sony TV, is it YouView enabled?

Both my Sony w905 tv's do not offer the hub, now that it is HTML5 I will set up the youview again and see if things are improved.
I cannot stand poor picture quality, and refuse to watch sd and worse as was the hub when I tested it.

TalkTalk have their knickers in a bit of a twist at the moment. Please report back your results.

I’m watching England vs Denmark via itv hub app on my 65” LG C8 OLED And the picture quality is so bad it’s practically unwatchable. Its like a poor SD quality.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom