Question How to mount a motorized projector screen to the ceiling away from wall?

Azzz

Novice Member
Reaction score
How to mount a motorized projector screen to the ceiling away from wall?

Only seem to find L shape mounts that attach to the back wall.

Any ideas / recommendations on products ?

Most screens will come with brackets that will allow it to be mounted to the ceiling.

You could also hang it from hooks screwed into the ceiling. Due to the screen weight it is safer to screw the hooks to the wooden beams, however I have mine attached to the plasterboard using Geefix fixings. Once you fit the Geefix in position the hook screws into the centre hole and the screen hangs from the hooks. It’s rock solid. Gripit is another alternative.

Most screens will come with brackets that will allow it to be mounted to the ceiling.

You could also hang it from hooks screwed into the ceiling. Due to the screen weight it is safer to screw the hooks to the wooden beams, however I have mine attached to the plasterboard using Geefix fixings. Once you fit the Geefix in position the hook screws into the centre hole and the screen hangs from the hooks. It’s rock solid. Gripit is another alternative.

No brackets with the screen unfortunately.

Im thinking of also attaching to the wooden beams, How much weight do you think your recommendations could handle?

My screen is around 20Kg. If you are going to attached it to the beams then you won't need to worry about the weight, just be sure to use suitable fixings for wood. What brand and model is the screen.

If there are no specific brackets available for your screen then hanging it from hooks would be the simplest way, if you don't mind how that will look. You will still need some sort of attachment point on the screen it'self for the hook.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom