• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

how to migrate data from old micro sd to new bigger one?

Scruffie

Established Member
I bought an 8gb micro sd card for my nokia e66 to replace the 2gb one that came with it. Does anyone know how to succesfully move the existing data from the old one to the new one so i wont lose data for installed apps?
I have tried following this guide YouTube - Tutorial: How to Upgrade / Copy your Nokia Phone Micro SD Memory Card to a bigger, larger card. but when i try the final step to redistribute the free space so that all of it is available it fails as there seems to be problems with the structure of the "cities" folder: Unrecognisable files with bizarre names like "y┌'`╗+é.╧δk".
I tried deleting the cities but cant as it says there are Read only files on it. I also tried deleting the folder on a linux system using rm -rf * but even that didnt work!!

There also seems to be duplicate folders in the root dir called "Private"

Anyone any ideas?

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom