How to make xbox 720p?

gavan said:
They are just pointing out that the standard DVD player application on the XBox will not output progressive scan even if you are outputting through component. Games which support 480p, 720p and even 1080i will of course work (so long as you have set your modded Xbox to NTSC mode). XBMC will deinterlace and/or scale SD material up to 480p, 720p or 1080i depending on how you have set up the display options within the XBMC application.

I suggest you wait until you get the cable, play around with the system a bit and then you'll be in a position to ask some useful questions.
gav
If you look at my post five up from this I am already there thanks. Sorry if you feel my questions have not been "useful" up till now.

meggie_dude said:
Do you have to have the MS branded one?? If so there is another thread in this forum showing you how to get one from ebay. I think this a xbox to breakout box cable, so you still need a standard phono-phono component lead, + whatever audio lead you choose, to connect to your TV/Home Cinema system.
Otherwise I would recommend the equiv aftermarket component cable I got via e-bay from the states. Single cable - no breakout. With current exch rates cost £5.65 inc P&P and only took a few days to get to me. Reasonable build qual, Gold plated connectors - Works a dream in any hidef resolution. Can PM you the link if you want.

Thanks for the reply, have decided on the Ixos one and just ordered it... got myself a sony 40V2000 and really want it to look good!

Cheers again

Jase

meggie_dude said:
If you look at my post five up from this I am already there thanks. Sorry if you feel my questions have not been "useful" up till now.

I was thinking more about questions with answers which might be useful to yourself and others in the position of having a component connection on their XBox.

Your posts up to the one I replied to seemed to be asking all sorts of stuff which wasn't really relevant or whose answers would have been obvious if you actually had the kit (which you said you already had on order).

Glad to see you've now got it and have been convinced that it wasn't just a pointless exercise as you were worried about earlier. As you've discovered, if you have a suitable display, component connection and modding (to get the prog scan and HD resolutions) is a must-do.

Gav

gavan said:
I was thinking more about questions with answers which might be useful to yourself and others in the position of having a component connection on their XBox.

Your posts up to the one I replied to seemed to be asking all sorts of stuff which wasn't really relevant or whose answers would have been obvious if you actually had the kit (which you said you already had on order).

Glad to see you've now got it and have been convinced that it wasn't just a pointless exercise as you were worried about earlier. As you've discovered, if you have a suitable display, component connection and modding (to get the prog scan and HD resolutions) is a must-do.

Gav
Gav, I asked the question about the point of it all before I got round to ordering the cable - was it worth the extra expense and time to go any further.
As it turns out yes - but bearing in mind the hours burned a valid one.

I have seen many a thread on this and others where people try to help but assume that it is all that very obvious - not so.
The hours I've spent scratching around for the location of the xecuter dash being a prime example. It may well be its obvious if you've done it once before but not for a newbe. Of the three people in the office I sit who own xbox's, none of them were even aware you could do anything much more than modchip them, and none would have an idea where to start to get to the point I am now.

The value of questions placed on this forum and others, no matter how naive and obvious to others is that you sometimes ask questions that others also find useful. Therefore they are of value.

I'm glad you've got it going to meggie_dude. Seeing as Gavan never replied to your original questions I'm not sure what the problem is. If people want to ask stupid or obvious questions let them - if people choose to answer such questions let them too.

If you don't like it or don't want to help out don't get involved and read the thread, it's not a hard decision to make.

Sometimes I read questions that I personally have answered before on another thread, sometimes I answer again, sometimes not - it all depends if I'm in a typing mood or not - that's my 2p's worth anyway.

Thanks scumball, I think we fall in the same camp.
On another thread on this forum I provide answers where I can rather than primarily provide the questions. Occasionally I have answered them before - sometimes I reply, sometimes I don't. As you say its all down to your inclination on the day.
Keep up the good work.:thumbsup:
This and other forums have saved me countless hours, and I am still just about married.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom