how to make the most out of my trip to florida?

Sly

me , my wife and our 16 month old son are off to florida this month and was after some hints and tips.
havent been abroad for years so any advice on traveling,car hire,what to see and where to go would be great.

p.s.
and where to pick up those cheap blu rays and hd dvds of course!!
:D

Sly

any ideas what the cheapest places are for discs?
i see there is a best buy and ciruit city,but are there any cheaper places i should check out?

Beobloke

Don't forget to make sure your player is multi-region before you start shopping......

Sly

unfortunatly my player is a uk ps3 so will have to check on compatability by checking online.
you dont know of any printer freindly lists or are certain studios ok?

p.s. lookin on walmarts website the prices seem very similar to buying off a site like movietyme,is there not much of an advantage in buying while there?

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Hi Sly
With regards to Car Hire - book it through a UK website, not a US one. I made the mistake of booking it through the US site of a global car hire company thinking it was far cheaper than using their own UK website. My £300 car hire arrangement doubled to £600 by the time they added their extras over there. The UK sites generally have a basic insurance policy included, whereas the US ones don't & the insurance on offer at the desk over there increases the total cost of the policy massively.
It's taken me the best part of 2 months to argue the fact with them & have only just successfully claimed back £180 from them - so am £120 out of pocket. The same £600 policy on their UK site was £370 including insurance.

Where about in Florida are you going & staying? If you get a chance Discovery Cove in Orlando is a great day out, not cheap but well worth it :thumbsup:

DJT75

Distinguished Member
ps. Went in a Circuit City over there a few weeks ago on another trip - it was very expensive for everything, more than here for many things. There's cheaper smaller places about - just need to know what you're after & shop around.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom