How to make Panasonic S97 multiregion??

H

holyeagle

Just as my topic, anyone knows how to crack the region code set on Panasonic S97? Is there an easy way?
Thanks!

I don't believe there is a way to do this, as far as I know no Panasonic / Sony DVD players have ever had user handset hacks.
The only way to do it (again, as far as I know) is by use of a service remote.

You would think by now that the region coding bs would be a thing of the past as it is so easy to bypass

Lionheart said:
You would think by now that the region coding bs would be a thing of the past as it is so easy to bypass
Would you mind shed some lights on how to bypass? Thanks!

I believe I have read you have to hire a special remote control from somewhere that gives you one shot at reprogrammming it to multiregion. As to where that might be I couldn't say, but perhaps a Google might help?

Regards

Mark

I thought I read a forum member on here had access to one of these remotes?

I confirm. They only work once. I didn't try it myself but was tempted to record the IR commands submitted by these remotes using a PDA. I'm not sure, but in priciple it should be possible.

alefsin said:
There is no easy region hack for S97 unless you get a special remote. Fortunately this is not an expensive job: You can get one for round £20.00.

Use one of these:
http://www.shoyle.f9.co.uk/dvdchipsuk/nosolderpannyremote.htm
http://www.multiregionupgrades.co.uk/upgrades/mods/pandiy.htm
Has anyone following this thread actually ordered one of these, especially the one from shoyle.f9.co.uk? That looks appealing to me, as they don't expect you to return it.
I'm especially interested in hearing if the multiregion hack really works: I had an S97 for about a week and a half that I had ordered from a German internet vendor. It was advertised as multiregion, but didn't play two of the seven R1 DVD's I own, so I returned it (see thread here).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom