How to make Denon DVD-3800 play Region 1 DVDs?

Search on 3800 and you will find lots on 3800 MR...

Short answer - no. Everyone seems to be waiting for the magical MR and PAL-P firmware to be published on the web...

JJ

Originally posted by Kain
So, is there any way to make the Denon DVD-3800 play Region 1 DVDs?

visit www.dvdupgrade.ch they claim to have an upgrade kit consisting of software and a chip (if you are nervous about the chip you can ignore it).

I have had no feedback from anyone regarding what is being supplied by DVDUPGRADE

Sorry, I didn't metion HW mods as not everyone is keen on these, especially if the firmware becomes available for free on the web...;-)

informatique - so are you saying that you can just buy the firmware upgrade then and it will work without the HW mod??

JJ

ah...just read their PDF...

MR by firmware disc upgrade...

VCR mode and PAL-P via HW mod...

JJ

Ah ha....jusd re-read the PDF and the firmware CD gives you both MR and PAL-P.

You only need the HW mod if you want VCR mode...

Any one ordered one of these upgrades????

JJ

Originally posted by Jasonjo
Sorry, I didn't metion HW mods as not everyone is keen on these, especially if the firmware becomes available for free on the web...;-)

informatique - so are you saying that you can just buy the firmware upgrade then and it will work without the HW mod??

JJ

Yes ... it is an expensive approach but personally I would be a bit nervous about implementing the hardware fix especially as I have no interest in making copies.

Just spoke to Frederick at www.dvdupgrade.ch and the firmware alone will not enable PAL-P, it is just for MR.

He hopes to soon be able to supply a new firmware CD with multiregion + PAL chroma fix + PAL-P...

JJ

Originally posted by Jasonjo
Just spoke to Frederick at www.dvdupgrade.ch and the firmware alone will not enable PAL-P, it is just for MR.

He hopes to soon be able to supply a new firmware CD with multiregion + PAL chroma fix + PAL-P...

JJ

Thanks for that information ... so we are back to square one he is waiting from the same fix as the rest of us.

Another update, just had a reply from LEconcepts sales re the DVD-3800 and PAL-P

----------------------------------------------------
Thank You for your enquiry.

We hope to offer the Denon DVD-3800 with Pal progressive and in a black render towards the middle of October but please check our website for up to date information.

Thank you for your patience.

----------------------------------------------------

JJ

:mad: :mad: :mad:
fed up of waiting, suspect LE are waiting for the same firmware as the rest of us. What could be taking them sooo long?

Ian Guinan

They probably are...Denon must be having problems with the chroma fix for PAL machines....

Bump! :)

By the way, I am only interested in multi-region capability (mainly Region 1 and Region 2). How much longer do I have to wait till I can play Region 1 DVDs on a Region 2 Denon DVD-3800?

I had 3800 for about a week begining of September. (I don't have it anymore.)
It was firmware updated for multi-region, and PAL progressive. (PAL progressive does not seem to work correctly though.)

Ask your dealer.
Multi-region firmware for 3800 has been out just over a month!

Actually... the more important question is when the chroma fix firmware would be available for R2 players to kill the dreadful chroma bug.

z who is your dealer cos ive tried mine and they tell me there is no disc yet.

just heard from a member on another thread im on that seven oaks and audio t have the mult regio and pal prog update too. I will call later today to verify.

Ok Here is the answer . I rang sevenoaks oin manchester and they claimed they have the disc from denon and told me if I pay 3£50 they will update the 3800 for me the y said they did not think the update did pal prog.

Called birmingham branch £35 to have it done there and they are claiming it is pal progressive .

My dealer is checking for me today Monday but said last week that denon had not done the disc yet but then admitted this was in relation to the 2800mk2 (they had assumed it was the same disc).From reading the US forums (denon Geoff the usa rep) Its a diffrent disc although they use the same chips the architecture is diffrent,

So iN short get your 3800 REGION COMPATIBLE AT SEVEN OAKS or like me put pressure on your dealer to get the disc so you can get it for free and not invalidate your warranty with them.

Sorry 3800 owners I have bad news !!!

Just soke to my denon dealer who has progressed why doent he have the 3800 region 1 disc when other retailers do and the answer is .We have not got one we are happy toissue yet!!!

They admit it was cracked but the first discs that were sent out caused skipping and stuttering and lockup faults to occur (maybe the reason why they have had some bad press) There reccomendation was to hold on for a few more weeks and it should be issued within the next month or so.Anyone having this update with the old firmware will invalidate there warranty with denon.

bad news I know but tis better to be safe than sorry

mark - can you pls see me comments in the "DVD-3800 Problems..." thread

JJ

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom