How to make copies of DVD

marrtin

Established Member
Reaction score
Some time ago I made DVDs of my VHS camcorder footage using a Panasonic HDD recorder.

Now I need to make several copies and to do this I copied all the Audio_ts and Video_ts folders onto my computer then burnt them back to a DVD+R. I also selected single session or finalise.

The disks wont play on any of my DVD players, and only one will play on my computer. My Computer displays some of the disks as empty, others full, one even "0 Bytes used 0 Bytes Free" another crashed Explorer (XP Pro).

Do the files need laying down in any order as in a bootable disk? I have tried with both TDK and Verbatim disks.

The file structure you detail sounds a bit strange. For a DVD all you need is the Video_TS folder which should contain all of the menu's, video files (including audio) and so on. You do not need the Audio_TS folder.

Is this the case or do you mean you have many DVD's with each having its own Video-TS folder etc.,?

Just to reiterate: 1 x Video-TS folder per DVD.

You might want to look at the software you are using to burn these. I use a Mac and use Toast for my burning! This has an option to burn a video DVD by selecting a Video-TS folder and off you go. Perhaps you have selected an option in the software you are using to burn a data-DVD?

Best of luck, Mike

Thanks for that Mike, the single DVD I am using only has a single Video_TS folder. I manually added an empty Audio_TS folder after a suggestion as to why the copy was failing.

I don't do much optical authoring so only use freebie burning software which I think is perhaps where the problem lies as I am convinced it is to do with refusing to finalise the disk properly.

I think I might try the old version of Nero, Nero 6 that I haven't used in ages because it caused a serious conflict. If it works, I might upgrade.

Cheers

Martyn

I have used Nero in the past and it was very good. Look for an option to burn a DVD from a Video_Ts folder, hopefully there is such an option. If not just go for a DVD disc and point to the Video_TS etc.,

Good luck, Mike

One download later, I get a popup explaining " Thank you for evaluating AVS4YOU This is a non activated version". I am prompted for a $59.00 unlimited subscription fee in return for the activation key.:thumbsdow

This software like the others, expects me to build a DVD and add menu's and chapters etc, but this is not what I want to do. This was done on my Panny EX88. To produce the failed disks, I just dragged the whole Video_TS folder with the vob files across to the DVD and produced a "data" disk. Maybe this won't work.

You have to select DVD Video as your compilation type, you'll see two folders.

video_ts
audio_ts

Copy your video_ts files (vobs etc) into the video_ts folder that was created for you.

audio_ts is normally empty.

One download later, I get a popup explaining " Thank you for evaluating AVS4YOU This is a non activated version". I am prompted for a $59.00 unlimited subscription fee in return for the activation key.:thumbsdow

This software like the others, expects me to build a DVD and add menu's and chapters etc, but this is not what I want to do. This was done on my Panny EX88. To produce the failed disks, I just dragged the whole Video_TS folder with the vob files across to the DVD and produced a "data" disk. Maybe this won't work.

You sure you downloaded the right software. imgburn is free. I think you must have downloaded something from an Ad sponsor on the imgburn website.

try this direct download link
http://download.imgburn.com/SetupImgBurn_2.5.0.0.exe

Just choose the option 'Create image file from disc' and it will create an image copy of your original. You can then creat as many copies of this as you want.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom