HOW TO MAKE A INSTALLATION FILE and how do you make a iso image of a software

Discussion in 'Computer Software & Operating Systems' started by mark3, Jul 27, 2018.

1. mark3

mark3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi i have got a little problem if anyone can help me with this problem
    right how do you Create a windows installation with Pre-Installed software on windows 10
    I have installed a software on my computer and I just thought is it possible to create a iso image of a software installed on my pc and install that iso on anther computer

also how do you make a installation file of a software installed on my pc
    like if I install a any software on my pc is it possible to make a installation file of that and install that on another computer

so if anyone can please help me with this problem of what stuff to use to do this a easy way
    that would be great

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,543
    All you need to know to create a full system backup should be in here - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17127/windows-back-up-restore
    This will work for creating a full system install to restore on the same PC. However unless the other PC has the same hardware then you wont be able to using it on a different PC. To install software elsewhere you will need the installer for it. This can be downloaded for many types of software from the makers web site, but you would need a license for each install of any paid for software.

Mark.

3. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,547
    For the first one you have two options.

1. Slipstreaming, which adds program installers onto a windows install. This retains all the functionality of a windows install so you can install it to different computers and so on.

2. Disk imaging. A copy of your entire disk or partition that can be loaded back onto that computer. It includes everything as it is right now (configuration settings etc.) but will only work on that particular hardware.

So if the second computer is the same model with identical hardware the second will work fine, otherwise you'll need to look at creating a slipstreamed install disk.

In terms of creating a new program installer, the exact list of things an installer does varies between programs so you'd have to observe the program very closely. Or sometimes installers leave a log of what they did which you could use to construct a new installer. It's not a simple, automated process though.

Unless you have a lot of computers to put it on it's unlikely to be worth the bother, for a few computers you'd just transfer the program files over and fix any deficiencies manually. If this is a hypothetical question then it's easiest to preserve the original installers if you don't think you'll be able to re-acquire them in future.