• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How to listed to spotify from pc at its best

ps burley

Standard Member
I have spotify premium and run from a revo aspire...I want to listed to it at its best using a pair of decent headphones and wondered whether a DAC would be worth the cost. I dont use it through speakers due to location of this set up (conservatory)

I have considered the Beyer DT770 (800ohm) headphones and wondered if a DAC linked to the revo would give me any benefit?

Budget for headphones would be £150 tops and if a DAC would give a major benefit then £200 max. Thoughts appreciated as this is new to me. I listed mainly to pop and rock but would like improved sound quality ... but want to keep with spotify as it gives me flexibility in listening for just £10/month

thanks in advance folks :lease:

Atchi123

Established Member
If listening directly from a pc then a DAC would almost certainly improve audio quality. I would invest in an asynchronous USB DAC if funds allow.

Atchi123

Established Member
Arcam rDac is pretty well regarded although not heard one myself

larkone

Distinguished Member
Agree with Athchi123 on this, you need a USB async DAC with headphone out - a good place to ask would be the headphone forum.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom