how to keep my wifes phone running smooth

Giraffe76

Hi all,

my wife uses a huawei y6 2019 phone but recently has noticed that a few different apps have been running slow or not logging in at all.

She has moved apps and anything else she can over to her sd card to make sure there is enough space on her phone so that it doesnt slow it down but it hasnt helped.

What can anyone else suggest to help besides uninstalling and reinstalling the apps that are playing up as she doesnt want the problem to get worse as shes trying to make her phone last until black friday so she can get a good deal.

Kind regards Mark

Dave X

Hi all,

my wife uses a huawei y6 2019 phone but recently has noticed that a few different apps have been running slow or not logging in at all.

She has moved apps and anything else she can over to her sd card to make sure there is enough space on her phone so that it doesnt slow it down but it hasnt helped.

What can anyone else suggest to help besides uninstalling and reinstalling the apps that are playing up as she doesnt want the problem to get worse as shes trying to make her phone last until black friday so she can get a good deal.

Kind regards Mark

It’s a cheapish budget phone with a low end Mediatek processor and only 2GB RAM, its always going to feel a little sluggish, your easiest solution would probably be to do what you don’t want, which is to uninstall and reinstall the problem apps, if that doesn’t help you would probably have to try a factory reset (but that is the “nuclear” option) which often helps rectify problem apps, remember to do a back up first and then restore from the backup.

Its also probably worth going through all the installed apps on the phone and uninstalling the ones not being used.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T/9x Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom