1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to invert scan in barco data 600??

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by marco00, Apr 19, 2005.

1. marco00

marco00
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i need an information...
    i have got a barco data 600 without manual and i need to invert scan because the crt was hanged on ceiling but now i would like to put it on a table, i know that i must invert some relay or push buttons in order to turn over the image of 180 degrees but i don't where these relays or buttons are...
    does anybody say me how can i do??
    thank you very much.....

2. aerobic247

aerobic247

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi Marco :hiya:
    The switches for the scan invert is provided on the motherboard.
    Remeber to switch of the projector for about an a hour to fully discharge.
    35000 volts run through one of thes projectors and that might sting just a little :lesson: .
    the installation manual for your projector is available on this web site
    http://www.crtcinema.com/manuals.html

scan inverton is on page 47 of the manual
    these other links shoud hellp to get you started.

http://www.barco.com/events/en/downloads/lensProgram.asp

http://www.moesrealm.com/hometheater/crt-focus-guide.html

3. marco00

marco00
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank you very much Aerobic for your answer, I've downloaded yesterday the same manual but the pictures on page 47 of this manual are absolutely dark and it's impossible to understand where these switches are...
    Moreover it speaks about switches that are under a metal protection, i think i understand the position of this metal protection and I remove this but I see no switches...
    the only things i see are three different screws but not switches only screws, one for each lamps so i don't know what to do, I hope you know barco data 600 so you may say me something more. thank you very much...

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Use the 650 manual switches are in the same place.

Basically they are right at the back of the projector behind the red tube. You will need to pull out one of the scan boards to get access

5. marco00

marco00
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry for my bad english...
    i dont know where the scan boards are, and i don't see manual switch... what's a manual switch ? is it a screw? and if it's a screw, how can i invert scan? turning screw? i think it's so difficult speaking about these things without pictures so i decide to insert two images of motherboard.
    one is a whole image and in the other one you can see the three things, one for each tube (over the tree white cylinders), that i think could be what i have to use in order to invert scan. i have three similar things also for vertical scan in another position, (i don't know if i have to change also these three regulations in order to change position of my crt) but these three things (don't know how calling these) has got a screw in the upper side but how can i turn the screw if these are the things to use for changing polarity?
    pease answer me i am desperate.... :lease: thank you again for every infos you'll give me because i am not so expert about videoprojectors...

Attached Files:

6. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    You are in the right place. the second picture shows the yellow linearity coils.
    The Metal EHT cover is already off on your machine. You should be able to see the switches deep inside the projector.

I've drawn on your picture

7. marco00

marco00
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dear roland, i finally found the three switches for horizontal scan inversion but don't find the single switch for vertical.
    in the picture you point me the silver condenser. is the switch under this condenser??
    do you think i have to remove something more to change vertical scan??
    thank you very much for what you are doing....

8. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    if it not under the condenser then it the board next to it.
    Been a while since I played with a 600. Switch will look the same but longer then the others

9. marco00

marco00
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok i've done evrything!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thank you a lot Roland, now I've to solve problems about trapeze that seem to be so difficult.... if i have others question i'll ask you cause you helped me a lot, you 're a friend. thank you again. Marco

10. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Marco more than happy to help.

This is the kind of thread that helps others too
    It makes it easy for searching.

11. marco00

marco00
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i need another thing...
    a friend of mine give me this barco data 600, for 200 euro, not so much, but now i see that sometimes, projected image is not always fixed because sometimes, but only sometimes, you can see a sort of disturb, a little vibration of image, little dithering for one or two seconds, but i think reason could be that i haven't done focus yet, and tubes are new and i'm quite sure this projector worked for few hours not more...
    can you say me the reason why?? do you think is possible to solve this problem?
    i looked a movie for about an hour and i look this little (i think little) problem for only two times.... thanks