1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to install Win 95

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by S.S.Dhuper, Jun 16, 2005.

1. S.S.Dhuper

S.S.Dhuper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,
    I've got Win 95 Dell XPS333 it's about 8 years old and lately it's causing so many problems with Virus, it freezes or you get these weird messages, I've tried so many anti-virus but to no avail, I think the only solution is to wipe everything and then start again, I have never done this before I've got the win 95 CD which came with the PC, is it straight forward as putting the CD in the cd-rom and follow the instructions or am i being just a little naive, or can some one explain to me how to go about it

2. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    This will help you, unless the "tekno-babble" confuses you ?? :D

http://www.putergeek.com/win95_install/

I'm sure someone else will chime in............and follow similar instructions.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Cosmic

EDIT: Oh and make sure you've got the drivers available for you various hardware devices if needed before formatting your HD ?? (Mainboard/Sound/Video/Network)

"This should be in the Computer Section of the forums ??"

3. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    If you can find one, get hold of Win98SE and install that instead as it's far superior to Win95.

Otherwise that guide pretty much covers it and again I'll emphasise that it's not just office work and things that you need to back up but also any drivers that you don't already have plus any updated versions that you may have downloaded in the meantime. :)

4. Dr Diversity

Dr Diversity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are going for a total trash and rebuild you are probably going to need a bootable floppy disk that has CD ROM support. This is because your PC is unlikey to be bootable from a CD and I don't think Win 95 is a bootable CD - not sure though. You can create a bootable floppy on a Win 98 machine and the CD ROM support happens on request, otherwise it will be a case of searching the internet for another means.