How to install Operator CAM Profile on Samsung Q90R TV

MarkySparkSurrey

Novice Member
Does anybody know how to install an Operator CAM Profile on a Samsung Q90R TV?

I'm using the built-in TV tuner of my 55" Samsung Q90R TV for regular terrestrial TV. But I'm also using the satellite tuner, in order to receive French TV from an operator called Fransat. I use a CAM CI+ module, as it's not free-to-air. It had been working OK. But I was trying to tweak some of the settings on my TV, and I deleted the Operator CAM Profile. I'm sure I did this at least once in the past, and after I turned the TV off and on again, it then just eventually prompted me to accept the Fransat Operator CAM Profile after the TV had been turned on for a while. But it's not proposing to install this Operator CAM Profile, and I can't find anywhere in the settings to force it to re-install the Operator CAM Profile. I've done a complete factory reset, but it's still not detecting the Operator CAM module. When I select one of the French satellite TV channels, I get an error message saying "CI+ module or smart card not found. Please check it has been inserted correctly".

cuke2u

Have you tried removing the module, I don't have much knowledge if they can be hot plugged, the turn on the tv, then back off and plug the module in then the tv back on again?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom