1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to insert my DVD Recorder into current setup?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by TheGame7, Jul 20, 2005.

1. TheGame7

TheGame7
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    OK, I got my DVD recorder today but am not sure the best way to put it in to my exisiting set up.

Its a Samsung DVR122 - It has almost every output you could ask for, bar DVI and HDCI (it has component out too). But I am only concerned with two scarts, one labelled TV the other DVD.

I also have a Sony 32" 100Htz Widescreen Televsion with 3 Scart inputs at the back.
    SKY+ with its VCR and Television outs.
    And a Sony VCR with 2 scarts.

The DVD player came with no scart leads so will use exisiting ones and do not mind if the VCR does not have a scart input or output.

Is there any way of knowing if both scarts on the DVD recorder are RGB enabled? Or if I want RGB in, will I have to sacrifice RGB out?

The same applies for SKY+, does only the TV Scart support RGB and will I have to sacrifice viewing RGB on TV to record in it?

Also, I have noticed if I connect SKY+ to the DVD Recorder, pressing the SKY button leads to the DVD Recorder switching on to the correct channel to view SKY - but what will happen if I am recording terrestrial on the DVD Recorder and want to watch SKY?

Hope thats enough info?

Any help much appreciated.

TheGame7

2. TheGame7

TheGame7
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    if recording teerestrial on DVD-R you can use the S-vdeo output on Sky+ to watch Sky using another scart on TV remeber you can record analogue on DVD-r as well as a channel on Sky+ HDD and watch another sky channel via S-video so very flexible AV2 or 3 on TV should be S-video capable :RTFM: and you may need a cable like this: http://www.lektropacks.com/view_item.php?product=163&&category=28