How to insert my DVD Recorder into current setup?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by TheGame7, Jul 20, 2005.

1. TheGame7

TheGame7
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    OK, I got my DVD recorder today but am not sure the best way to put it in to my exisiting set up.

Its a Samsung DVR122 - It has almost every output you could ask for, bar DVI and HDCI (it has component out too). But I am only concerned with two scarts, one labelled TV the other DVD.

I also have a Sony 32" 100Htz Widescreen Televsion with 3 Scart inputs at the back.
    SKY+ with its VCR and Television outs.
    And a Sony VCR with 2 scarts.

The DVD player came with no scart leads so will use exisiting ones and do not mind if the VCR does not have a scart input or output.

Is there any way of knowing if both scarts on the DVD recorder are RGB enabled? Or if I want RGB in, will I have to sacrifice RGB out?

The same applies for SKY+, does only the TV Scart support RGB and will I have to sacrifice viewing RGB on TV to record in it?

Also, I have noticed if I connect SKY+ to the DVD Recorder, pressing the SKY button leads to the DVD Recorder switching on to the correct channel to view SKY - but what will happen if I am recording terrestrial on the DVD Recorder and want to watch SKY?

Hope thats enough info?

Any help much appreciated.

TheGame7

2. TheGame7

TheGame7
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    if recording teerestrial on DVD-R you can use the S-vdeo output on Sky+ to watch Sky using another scart on TV remeber you can record analogue on DVD-r as well as a channel on Sky+ HDD and watch another sky channel via S-video so very flexible AV2 or 3 on TV should be S-video capable :RTFM: and you may need a cable like this: http://www.lektropacks.com/view_item.php?product=163&&category=28