How to increase volume on iPod Nano?

andyfr

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I got my iPod Nano today after recommendations on here. I'm really impressed with it but for one thing, the maximum volume. I have heard that the volume has been set to meet EU regulations but it's too quiet when listening to some tracks. Is there some way to increase the volume?

In itunes you can adjust the volume of the tracks before you send them to the ipod.

There is a volume slider in one of the windows - adjust it for each of your "quiet" tracks and that should do the trick

andymc

GoPod doesn't work on any of the latest iPod models.

And adjusting the volume in iTunes won't overcome the volume cap either, all you do is make it so that the maximum volume on the iPod is reached before the volume bar is at full.

For example, if you increase a track's volume in iTunes by +100% then when it's on the iPod you will find that that track hits it's maximum volume level at about half volume, and turning the iPod up to full volume will not increase the volume any higher after this point. A track which has not had it's volume altered in iTunes will reach exactly the same sound level, although of course you will need to turn the volume level of the iPod to full in this instance.

At present, there is no way to overcome the EU cap.

I tried my Sennheiser MX550 ear phones and they have increased the volume quite a bit and the bass is better too. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom