• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question How to incorporate DVD recorder in Sky Q / UHD TV set-up

Harlequins99

Novice Member
Hi, I'm splashing out and buying a Samsung KS 7000 and upgrading to Sky Q 2TB. My problem is that I have a Toshiba DVD/VCR/HDD recorder which I love and wish to incorporate into my new set-up. Currently I have connections Sky plus to DVD on SCART for AV in and DVD to TV on SCART for AV out. The Sky Q box only has one HDMI out (to TV?) and one HDMI in (?). The KS700 one connect box has 5 HDMI 2.2 supported ports (A-To TV: B-usually set-top box or games console: C- usually computer: D-External devices: E-Usually home theatre). Any suggestions how I can continue to incorporate my DVD recorder please?

logiciel

The TV's One Connect box has 4 HDMI inputs and the Sky Q has, of course, none.
If the DVD machine has no HDMI it will not connect to the TV.

Last edited:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Doesn't the Tv itself have an AV in (3.5mm jack socket) into which you plug in the supplied short lead with composite and component phono sockets.

TJT1

Distinguished Member
The 7000 certainly does.
But it depends what exactly the OP intends to use the DVD recorder for. He hasn't been very explicit about that. Just what do you want to achieve. Record Sky video? Record TV video. Record from another source and playback from the recorder?
Has the recorder got an HDMI output?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom