How to improve Loewe Xelos sound

Nick.M.G.

Standard Member
my elderly parents own a 32inch Loewe Xelos CRT TV which they have had for about 4 years. The only thing they would like to do is improve the sound quality, the speakers in the Xelos are close together and as the TV is in a deep corner in the room we find the sound and in particlar speech is not always that clear (compared to my Aventos). I have looked at a few solutions for them and as they are in their 70's want to keep it as simple as possible. I have looked at trying to add external speakers to the TV via a Loewe upgrade but our local dealer was not that helpful. I have also considered using quality PC speakers via the headphone socket just to give a wider sound wave. The other solutions are 2.1 systems such as the Denon s301 or the new Yamaha system but they are a bit on the expensive side (and we have just bought a Pioneer 433h so another DVD player would be a bit pointless) . The other option is a slim AV amp with just the 3 front speakers wired up (mum is not keen on more wires around the room) and it would also be difficult to position the rear speakers due to the shape of the room.
Any thoughts on this be much appreciated.
I hope I have posted this in the correct forum and manner as it is my first post.
Thanks
Nick.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Nick.M.G. said:
my elderly parents own a 32inch Loewe Xelos CRT TV which they have had for about 4 years. The only thing they would like to do is improve the sound quality, the speakers in the Xelos are close together and as the TV is in a deep corner in the room we find the sound and in particlar speech is not always that clear

Nick, I don't know that particular set but in general when a TV is positioned in a corner it emphasises the bass from the speakers...is there a tone or equaliser setting in the sound menu where you could try reducing bass and increasing the treble to improve its performance on speech.
As you probably know as we age and our hearing starts to suffer the first thing to go is the high frequencies so the sound to your elderly parents will be a bit muffled...try reducing the bass and increasing the treble to compensate.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Q800T 8K QLED TV Review
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom