How to i record buitl-in freeview with my DVDR

Will4long

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a Lite-On DVD recorder (model: LVW-5006) connected via scart to my Toshiba 32WLT66 and was wondering how do i record from the TV`s built in freeveiw channels.

I have the my aeria co-ax going into my DVD Recorder then out to the TV and the DVD Recorder has tuned into BBC1,2 ITV & C4 but no freeview channels.

Any ideas as to what i`m doing wrong or how to set-up correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Will4long said:
I have a Lite-On DVD recorder (model: LVW-5006) connected via scart to my Toshiba 32WLT66 and was wondering how do i record from the TV`s built in freeveiw channels.

I have the my aeria co-ax going into my DVD Recorder then out to the TV and the DVD Recorder has tuned into BBC1,2 ITV & C4 but no freeview channels.

Any ideas as to what i`m doing wrong or how to set-up correctly.

Thanks in advance.

You need a scart lead from the TVs AV2 ouput to the DVDRs AV2 input...to record the Freeview signals select this AV2 as the input on the Lite-On using its remote control.
Be aware you cannot record one Freeview channel and watch a different one.

Or, if you connect the Scart from the recorder on it's AV1 tv socket to your Av1 socket on your TV.
If you then record AV1 on your recorder you will record whatever you are watching on the TV be it Analogue or Freeview.
Of cause if you turn the TV off you will record Blank.

Note : The TV Coax cable only carries coded Freeview signals, not decoded ones. Hence the Scart connection.

Regards
knotpc

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom