How to get TV to go straight to HDMI

taffam

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I have a question, my TV is a Samsung 40A686 and when I turn it on it goes straight to freeview.

However, I am running PLAY TV through my PS3 and watch freeview through this so I can record programmes. To get to the HDMI connection I have to flick through 6 different connections.

Is there anyway of setting my TV to go straight to HDMI3 when I turn it on??

Thanks!

I wouldn't have thought so, but not entirely sure.

One option is to go for a Logitech Harmony remote and set the default source using the remote.

I don't know about Samsungs but my Sony has the option to skip inputs so they remain hidden so you don't have to skip through them all, check in the menu where you label inputs to see if there is an option to skip it altogether.

Hi taffam

Welcome to the forum. :)

I have the Samsung 40" A656 which is the same as your model. What I do is switch on the blu-ray player first then the TV - the TV automatically goes to the HDMI input the player is on.

The Anynet+ function has to be set for the above to work.

Alan

i have a samsung plasma tv and it always stays on the last input the tv was levt on, i use hdmi 2 all the time and its never moved from that channel.

My A656 LCD is the same. However, similarly to Alan's scenario, my HDMI 1 is the Sky input and always on before the TV is switched out of standby...

Paul
i have a samsung plasma tv and it always stays on the last input the tv was levt on, i use hdmi 2 all the time and its never moved from that channel.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom