How to get TrueHD from Onkyo 606 and Samsung BDP1500 Bluray player plus cple more q's

daygo30

Standard Member
Hi guys, just picked up my new Onkyo 606 yesterday, I have my Samsung BDP1500 Blu ray player connected to it via HDMI and when I play a Blu ray the TrueHD does not light up and can't find a setting to change it anywhere, I have searched the forum but everyone refers to the same problem with the PS3 but not a stand alone player.

Also in the manual page 64 and 65 it shows all the different listening modes, but how do you change between them, the only ones i can change between are the "Onkyo original dsp modes", plus I cant find out how to change the late night on or off selection.

Also just out of interest does the volume control button illuminate blue like some of the other Onkyo receivers?

Sorry if the above questions are silly but would appreciate some advice - many thanks in advance

andy1249

Distinguished Member
Hi guys, just picked up my new Onkyo 606 yesterday, I have my Samsung BDP1500 Blu ray player connected to it via HDMI and when I play a Blu ray the TrueHD does not light up and can't find a setting to change it anywhere, I have searched the forum but everyone refers to the same problem with the PS3 but not a stand alone player.

If you want to light that particular LED then its your player manual you need to be looking at.

The player needs to be set to bitstream , and on most players there are a number of downmixing scenarios that you will want to avoid for the new HD sound formats to bitsteam properly.

Check the BDP1500 manual and make sure its set up properly to bitsteam.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom