• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How to get the sharpest focus

JohnTheDrummer

Novice Member
I'm an artist who uses a video camera/projector set up to demonstrate to art clubs. I use a SONY HANDYCAM DCR-SR37E camcorder 60gb Hdd connected to an Epson Eb-S31, and I;m sure I'm not getting the best out of this -at best the projected picture(certainly bright enough) is slightly out of focus. Would I start by looking at the camera's setting? the only option I can find is the telephoto bit on the side, which zooms in and out rapidly but doesn;t seem to have a fine adjustment. The projector's controls seem fairly basic, too....but the built in menu looks sharp and crisp when projected, so I know it's capable of a good image.
any help will be greatly appreciated
thanks.

jfinnie

Distinguished Member
It is a standard definition camera and an SVGA projector. Standard definition blown up to projection size is never going to be very sharp.

For a really good result you'd really want to be using a full HD camera and projector. (1080p)

Are you using S-video or composite to connect the two? S-video will probably be a bit sharper than composite.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom