How to get the best picture quality from a PS2 console?

energydream2007

Standard Member
Hello all. i want to connect my PS2 to my monitor (u2311h). it have a VGA/DVI/DisplayPort. i wonder how to get best clear picture quality and how to connect to it.
I have both A/V Multi out with composite & A/V Multi out with Component cables.

Does the VGA/DVI port of U2311H support or compatible with Component/YPbPr signals ? (it think it also called RGBHV)

Can i use this cable with my monitor?:
$(KGrHqYOKiIE0oo5(ZhSBNcz0Z1iHQ~~0_12.JPG

VGA SVGA to RCA Component Video Converter Cable Adapter | eBay

or this in case of dvi?:

$(KGrHqUOKikE4smoFqm9BOO1BrCovg~~0_12.JPG

DVI-I M TO RCA VIDEO Component ADAPTER For HDTV ATI NEW | eBay

*note that this is dvi-i and the u2311h has just dvi-d so i dont sure.
The main goal is to get the best picture quality from a PS2 console. here is my A/V multi out component:

545.jpg

and i saw another possibility with this cable:

12580126280.jpg

the question is that i dont know if the VGA port of u2311h support RCA/S-Video input signals.
any suggestions? what do i need to get the best quality for the PS2 (any cables /adapters or anything) :thumbsup:

RottenFox

Distinguished Member

fallenangle

Unless the VGA input on your Dell monitor specifically supports Component you can't use any of those cables you've found. I believe the same applies to the DVI-D and Display Port too. Dell are the best people to ask about this directly of course.

Unless by some miracle it does support Component via one of the inputs your best solution is to buy a Component to VGA converter. You'll find them on eBay and elsewhere but it'll cost you considerably more than any of those cable adapters.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom