How to get sound out of my ps3

Fard

Standard Member
Could someone list all the possible ways of getting sound out of my ps3, ie, apart from the three sound outputs, are there converters possible for any of them?

I cant use HD socket, and the sound coming out of my AV MULTIOUT socket is broken (although the component input on my TV isnt).

That leaves the Digital Optical cable - is there anyway i could link the digital optical cable up to my TV component in put or my TV HDMI, anyway possible really.

sykotik

Distinguished Member
Could someone list all the possible ways of getting sound out of my ps3, ie, apart from the three sound outputs, are there converters possible for any of them?

I cant use HD socket, and the sound coming out of my AV MULTIOUT socket is broken (although the component input on my TV isnt).

That leaves the Digital Optical cable - is there anyway i could link the digital optical cable up to my TV component in put or my TV HDMI, anyway possible really.
you only have the 3 options
: hdmi
: optical
: rca's ...red and white 2ch channels leads

what tv do you have ?

how is it all connect at the moment?

hdmi to hdmi?
or the standerd av leads (red white and yellow)?

Bujuben

He already said the av multi out socket is broken so doubt he's got it connected up using the red and white leads.

Fard

Standard Member
He already said the av multi out socket is broken so doubt he's got it connected up using the red and white leads.

Surprisingly, I am still using that, and I have had to make do with playing games that dont really require sound (LBP, Fifa).

I found this combination on the internet, i was wondering if it might work

INPUT ---------------------------------------OUTPUT
CABLE: Digital optical cable------------------digital optical cable
ADAPTOR: digital optical cable------------------3.5mm male
ADAPTOR: 3.5mm female------------------3.5mm female
Cable: 3.5mm Male------------------RED/WHITE CABLE (part of component)

the whole thing costs under 13 pound delivered, so i ordered it thinking its worth a shot. Better than buying a new TV atleast.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom