How to get SKY upstairs ?

Gliese 581c

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, could any of you tell me what would be the best way for me to get Sky TV upstairs ? I have SKY downstairs hooked up to my plasma no probs. I dont want any other boxes e.g 2nd sky box, or freeview) what would be the best method of getting it hooked up ?

Thanks

You can either use the RF output and runa cable to the TV upstairs which could then be controlled by a magic eye. Alternatively, you could use a video sender.

HTH

John

The picture via cable would be composite too. Advantage with the cable method is a steady picture at all times. Disadvantage trailing the wires up.

Digisenders offer superior picture quality though can suffer from interference from people walking around, provide stereo sound, wireless.

I have the AEI Digisender which is excellent though can suffer interference but usually only watch it when it is bedtime.

I use a Philips VL1400 which works well plus it has four inputs so you can add a dvd and the pq is pretty good.But I also get a bit of interference when I'm in bed(then again I only use it when I'm in bed)

I think a loftbox is the best option bet then it's down to personal choice and money ! I have sky, freeview and motorised sat all piped around the house with this method !

Magic Eye from the RF2 output gives a reasonably good pic on my 20/10" CRTs in the study/kitchen and also allows remote control. This would be my budget recommendation if running the cable is not a problem.

I also hooked up the Philips 1200 wireless unit (2 Scart inputs) to transmit to my 26" Sharp LCD in the bedroom - PQ on both Sky/DVD feeds is acceptable given that it's composite but will probabaly hookup a dedicated DVD/all-on-one system for best PQ via component/DVI. As mentioned, the cable option is cheaper & solid whereas wireless is prone to ocassional interference when folks are wandering around the house. Try all 4 channels to avoid other RF interference sources and get optimal PQ.

The Philips 1400 sender (4 inputs) is spec'd as supporting RGB in/out but I could only get it to work with CVBS despite having RGB setup at source / destination thru a full SCART lead. I took it back and saved myself £30.

Hi guys ,my first post, I have set up the Sky tv link to my bedroom tv then enabled the rf2 outlet on my sky+box,it did not work so read the info and it seems my signal booster and/or splitter in the loft is the problem -how do i sort this out?thanks in anticipation

thanks SimonO I think I will get a amp/splitter all in one,will the sky link eye still work if the cable loops through the vcr before going to the bedroom tv

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom