Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

How to get rid of L -U on Tosh 32

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by PHOBIC ®, Dec 7, 2004.

1. PHOBIC ®

PHOBIC ®

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    When powering on, instead of the display going straight to HDD, the display goes straight to L -U. I then cannot select HDD. Nothing happens at all. I can press the DVD button, then back to HDD button, but the display defaults itself back to L-U.

The manual is a nightmare, and doesnt tell one how to get out of it. All i can make out is that L -U is for Line Dubbing. But i neither want or asked for it, so why its now permanently on the display window is a mystery

2. SDHoward

SDHoward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    L -U is sort of a channel so its remembering the last channel you were on.
    play with the channel and input select buttons.

3. Neville Street

Neville Street

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    It is the channel that is selected. Once it is powered up use the channel up button to cycle to a different channel, this should then be the one you see if you switch off and back on. Mine is always on the last channel I used or the last channel it did a timer recording from when I switch it on.

If you press the "fl. select" button (no I don't know what it means!) it cycles through a range of displays including channel number, bit rate, remaining recording time and the clock (and various combinations of these).

As far as I know, the L-U will not change whether you have DVD or HDD selected, it relates to the channel it is tuned to (i.e. it is viewing/recording its own output with L-U selected, it is viewing/recording AV2 with that selected, BBC1 with 1 selected, etc.

Hope this makes sense! NS

4. PHOBIC ®

PHOBIC ®

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thank you guys !

Changed channel to BBC1 - then powered off - then powered on, IPSO FACTO the display now reads BBC1 !!

If only the manual was as clear as you guys !!

5. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    As a matter of interest, you know whether you are on HDD or not by the blue light rather than the display

6. PHOBIC ®

PHOBIC ®

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah gotcha ... it was just that the display was reading L-U instead of channel 1 /2/3 etc. never seen it before. And wondered why i couldnt change anything.

7. CLH

CLH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Your better off having it on AV2 if for example you have a Sky box connected to it.

8. TVHEAD

TVHEAD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I keep mine at AV2, this seems to be the most convenient as I don’t have a RF Ariel plugged in and watch cable through the tosh, can anyone tell me the benefits of having the SAT ON selected, besides being able to change channels on the satellite box with the tosh handset, I know it doesn’t effect recording not having it switched on.