1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get OSD from a vr200?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by davee, Jun 15, 2004.

1. davee

davee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Can anyone tell me how I can get the OSD from my aVR200 using the cR80 remote. I've pressed all the direction buttons, (and all the others as well) but to no avail. The osd from my sony dvd pops up fine, also the tv. :confused:
    also more of a comment than a question, why cant you put the avr200 into standby mode from the front panel rather than having to search for the remote :mad:
    Thanks
    davee

2. IanDH

IanDH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

Glad it's not just me. Just purchased the AVR200 (would love the 300, but beyond my wallet at the moment, at least it has made dealers happier to agree on a lower price for the 200).

I have a DV89 linked directly to a 32" TV which gives a great image. I have linked the AVR200 to the TV from s-video monitor out to an s-video enabled scart socket on the TV (brand new cable, but I have no other equipment to test it with). As with Davee I have not been able to get an OSD using the arrows on the remote as per the instruction manual. Have used the TV controls to manually set the screen to the correct input as well as trying to rely on automatic display, but this has not helped either. The input socket works with other sources via scart so there is no reason to suspect a problem with the TV input.

This is not covered by the FAQ on the Arcam site. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ian

3. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I have looked into this guys and it is a little documented feature of the AVR 200 video circuitry that you won't get a video output from the s-video socket (to view the menu screens) unless you provide it with an s-video input to give it sync. However you should be able to get the menu screens up on your TV via the composite output without giving the 200 a corresponding video input.

I have asked our support team to amend the on-line FAQs to make this clear.

The AVR300 is entirely different and does not have this issue, in case anyone was wondering :)

HTH,

John Dawson (Arcam)

4. IanDH

IanDH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks John, I'll give it a go.

Ian

5. davee

davee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    If you get it to work Ian perhaps you could mention how. Not sure exactly where the composite output is taken from and to or how!
    On the same subject, the tv has its own screen menu, the dvd has its own screen menu as does the avr200. Should they all be set up independantly or should one take precedence over all the others?
    Thanks

6. davee

davee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    ....and another question, anyone know what the remote code for Loewe TV's are to work via the CR80?
    Thanks

7. highlanders

highlanders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    On the first it's "monitor out" not the S video one, co-ax cable will do, I then
    take the other end and plug it in to the front AV connecter (yellow) of the TV most newish TV have one mostly used for games and video cameras. One the other point I would set up independantly.

8. davee

davee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Result, :clap: thanks