• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

How to get one gold membership to work on 2 accounts?

Scapegoat

Me and misses have accounts set up on the 360. We both signed up for the free month when we created our accounts and could go online with either user.

Now the free membership has expired and I have registered a gold account to my user. However when the other half logs on it says membership expired reverted to silver membership.

Presumably you don't need to pay twice for 2 accounts on the same machine (as only one can be used at a time).

How do I get the second account to use the Gold service?

She wants to get her Bejewelled scores online.

Scapegoat

Bloody hell.

Not really up for paying £40 for the occassional go on PGR and arcade games.

Bugger.

Thanks for the info anyway..

Kieron

Distinguished Member
Yeah, it's a total rip-off that same household members have to pay for individual accounts.

We had exactly the same problem, so found a couple of cheap Game PGR2 packs for this year that came with 12 month's memberships. Wifey happier now...

DarkEntity

Tbh £40 is nothing, bet you pay more for your net connection than you pay a year for Xblive :)

slackbladder

Kieron said:
Yeah, it's a total rip-off that same household members have to pay for individual accounts.

We had exactly the same problem, so found a couple of cheap Game PGR2 packs for this year that came with 12 month's memberships. Wifey happier now...
They have to be cheap. I've found PGR2 packs for £37 but you can get Gold Subscription accounts for £35 (PGR2 doesn't play on the 360, does it?)

tonyk79

hi, you can play as a guest on some games as long as there is one valid account being used, we do this on perfect dark zero, halo 2. I presume other games are like this as well. You cant invite a guest to a ranked match though.

willsy2

I would just keep an eye on these forums for good deals on subscriptions, plus look out for half price deals when you buy a game from Game. I know the games are sometimes overpriced, but the discount off the subscription can more than make up for the extra cost of the game.
I don't know why they don't have a primary account with a reduced rate for additional accounts on the same 360, they'd probably get more revenue, but we are talking about Microshaft!!

colinwheeler

Even better, create your wife a silver account. Say, if I am connected to PDZ and she logs in on the console, she can play then. She is not really into the online alone type stuff anyway so problem solved. Only if other people in the house want to be able to play online against other then you really need the live account.

Scapegoat

colinwheeler said:
Even better, create your wife a silver account. Say, if I am connected to PDZ and she logs in on the console, she can play then. She is not really into the online alone type stuff anyway so problem solved. Only if other people in the house want to be able to play online against other then you really need the live account.

Sounds promising. Do you mean that she can use her Gamertag on PDZ on Live?

She presently has a Silver account, but when she logs on the machine using this she cannot play against other people (not sure that it even allows for acheivements to be registered - though I could be wrong)

Is there a way that she can use her profile/tag on Live to register achievements/play against other people? If so can you explain exactly how to do it?

Thanks

english_bob

DarkEntity said:
Tbh £40 is nothing, bet you pay more for your net connection than you pay a year for Xblive :)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: spoken like someone who has too much money to burn!

colinwheeler

Scapegoat said:
Sounds promising. Do you mean that she can use her Gamertag on PDZ on Live?

She presently has a Silver account, but when she logs on the machine using this she cannot play against other people (not sure that it even allows for acheivements to be registered - though I could be wrong)

Is there a way that she can use her profile/tag on Live to register achievements/play against other people? If so can you explain exactly how to do it?

Thanks

If you (gold member) are logged into PDZ, she (silver) can log in and play alongside you (split screen). Not sure how or if it works like that with other games.

Silver membership tracks achievements I believe but won't allow you to play online against other people, unless it is a situation like the PDZ where you are piggybacking off the other account.

I do agree that the £40 is not that bad for a year's membership though if you want to play online a bit. On the other hand, you don't want her using your Xbox all the time do you?:devil:

Its a farse!! i dont mind paying £40 a year for xbox live cos its amazing, but americans pay $50, which is a lot less that £40

DarkEntity

This weekend only ;)

you need to pay to play if you want it all the time :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom