How to get in the COD5 BETA?

You can bet there will be keys on ebay.

email sent last friday by game

Dear Customer,

Thank you for preordering Call of Duty: World at War from GAME.co.uk

We hope you are as excited about this latest installment to the Call of Duty franchise as we are.

You may or may not be aware that we are now offering bonuses with any preorders of Call of Duty on the PC, PS3 and 360 formats. Naturally you are included in this offer however the Call of Duty site itself is not quite ready for us.

You will receive an email next Friday including your offer code and directions on how to redeem the preorder bonuses. Until then please just hold tight. For more in-depth information on what you will be receiving please consult Paused - GAME.co.uk and select your relevant format.

Thank you for your patience

Regards,

The Customer Service Team
GAME.co.uk

you can also register on callofduty.com to get a beta, but it's on a first come first served basis, so it might be a bit late now.

no emails yet today :(

can someone remind me why i'm going away this wknd :nono:

you can also register on callofduty.com to get a beta, but it's on a first come first served basis, so it might be a bit late now.

no emails yet today :(

can someone remind me why i'm going away this wknd :nono:

LOL its only 8.10 am

I cant wait as im sick of cod4 been playing it for a yr now

Just to reiterate once more:

THE CODES FROM GAME WILL NOT GIVE YOU THE BETA.

The code grants you access to the VIP "first to fight" section of callofduty.com. Heading over there is how you register properly and secure a token to download the beta from the marketplace.

Hope that helps clear things up :)

I transferred my CharlieOscarDelta account over to callofduty.com so I hope that gets me a chance of a key from there.

Still, got Eurogamer open today and will be refreshing for the duration of my shift :D

If it's like the SOCOM beta, they will launch sometime near/shortly after lunchtime - and probably crumble when they get a billion hits at once!

omg please please hope i get code willing swap my partner blonde blue eyes will cook and clean some times and she loves football :Dman u :D:Dfor code:thumbsup:

just read on eurogamer forum they say on there you need to have posted 100 msg on there to get code i got code last year with out posting 1 msg there hope the guy is wrong,:eek:

Considering Eurogamer haven't said anything like that, I seriously hope you don't believe random member #894620.3

most things will be hearsay around beta code give outs id wait for official word from eurogamer not some noob on a forum who says he mate told him so

all good things come to those who wait :smashin:

I heard that, due to EU regulations around chicken farming, anyone with "rooster" in their gamertag is automatically ineligible for the CoD:WaW beta... ;)

email sent last friday by game

Dear Customer,

Thank you for preordering Call of Duty: World at War from GAME.co.uk

We hope you are as excited about this latest installment to the Call of Duty franchise as we are.

You may or may not be aware that we are now offering bonuses with any preorders of Call of Duty on the PC, PS3 and 360 formats. Naturally you are included in this offer however the Call of Duty site itself is not quite ready for us.

You will receive an email next Friday including your offer code and directions on how to redeem the preorder bonuses. Until then please just hold tight. For more in-depth information on what you will be receiving please consult Paused - GAME.co.uk and select your relevant format.

Thank you for your patience

Regards,

The Customer Service Team
GAME.co.uk

The email from GAME said:

"You will receive an email next Friday including your offer code and directions on how to redeem the preorder bonuses."

The GAME website says:

"The code will provide exclusive access to www.firsttofight.callofduty.com, customers can then register for the Beta and in-game content via links on this page. Beta codes & in-game content codes will be dispatched from Activison directly. Beta Codes will be sent on a later date when the Beta becomes available, in-game content codes may not be sent until release."

That means we will get a 20 digit access code for www.firsttofight.callofduty.com, sent from GAME, which will then allows us to register, probably with our Gamertags, for a guaranteed Beta key from Activision.

The "preorder bonuses" will take the form of what's talked about here on the cod.com website:

"10/06/08
UK only: Pre-sell now with GAME and get loads of goodies!Log on to GAME’s website now and get access to loads of exclusive assets that you can’t get anywhere else. This pre-sell offer is for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC and includes:

PC Wallpapers
Xbox 360 Theme
PS3 Theme
VIP access to Call of Duty, World at War, where you can receive exclusive assets and game information
Plus if you’re an Xbox 360 customer you can get Guaranteed Access to the Xbox 360 Beta!"

So, for anyone who still doesn't understand the concept of this offer - we are not being sent "Beta keys/codes/tokens" today from GAME. We will only receive an access code, which will then allow us to register for the Beta, which hasn't started yet, and probably won't start for another week or so. :rolleyes:

will throw in 2 kids with deal with partner for codes :) deal getting better so dont all rush in with free codes:)

omg please please hope i get code willing swap my partner blonde blue eyes will cook and clean some times and she loves football :Dman u :D:Dfor code:thumbsup:

you'll not be able to con anyone with that one - cooks and cleans AND football. never. :D

I've got no code as of yet, but I'm willing to swap, My Mrs has dark hair/eyes, however she doesn't know where the kitchen is...:D

Oh, and she hates football...

So, for anyone who still doesn't understand the concept of this offer - we are not being sent "Beta keys/codes/tokens" today from GAME. We will only receive an access code, which will then allow us to register for the Beta, which hasn't started yet, and probably won't start for another week or so. :rolleyes:

As I said somewhere else, if this Beta is anything like last year's COD4 Beta, it will be VERY EASY to get hold of a token. I managed to land 3 last year and get some early action with the Yanks via the " 2nd controller method". :suicide:

It's just a case of which route will get you a token quickest. Last year was as follows:

1. "2nd controller method"
2. Eurogamer
3. Gamespot
4. Preorder with GAME

Last year, Eurogamer had 4,000 tokens available initially, which took about 4 or 5 days to run out, at which point, they just released a few thousand more. The chances of getting in on this (for people like us who know it's coming and where to look) are very good. I can guarantee you, there WILL be a "Spare COD: WAW Beta Token Thread" here for all the extra keys to be snapped up by those who weren't as on the ball as we are and who beg with outlandish offers of "Wife/Kids for sale"... :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom