• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How to get from a standard video out to a co-ax input?

mjkinch

Standard Member
Hi All

I have a wireless camera that links to a box, which has a standard audio and video out socket.

I also have a Labgear Aerial distribution box that has a CCTV input which is a screw in co-ax satellite fitting.

Question is - can I get something to convert the audio/visual output to go into the Aerial distribution box through a co-ax cable?

And also would the quality be OK?

The theory is then the camera feed would be accessible through any TV in the house.

Any help appreciated

MaturityDodger

I don't know if there's any difference on CCTV systems, but usually for video down coaxial you'd want an RF modulator.
Anybody know any different?

un1eash

Distinguished Member
RF Modulator should do the trick, i was using one with my Sky HD mini box to send sky to the room next door over coaxial cable as the box does have RF outs. It took either a scart or composite input and you select the RF channel to output on. Quality was as good as freeview.

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom