How to get freeview in a remote area>?

jaketheb

Established Member
Reaction score
I live in a crappy lil village on just over the border of england, aboot 15 miles from wrexham. I jus bought a samsung 42" HD (wahoo) TV, though I cannot recieve freeview.
The people around where I live say we don't get freeview.
Mod comment....the swear filter is there for good reasons...please dont try to get round it.

Also is their anyway of increasing the range so I could maybe catch a bt of a signal from far away??

can i have your postcode please? then i can check your estimated signal strenth.. an Aerial like a DAT75 should be able to pick up freeview, but it is a seriously large aerial and should only be used if the signal is weak enough, and your transmitter is wideband.

you stil have to have a satelite dish installed, and buy a satellite decoder.

this can work out just as much as having an aerial installer install a tv aerial.
and for most people is not a DIY Job as you need a satellite finder

I live in a crappy lil village on just over the border of england, aboot 15 miles from wrexham. I jus bought a samsung 42" HD (wahoo) TV, though I cannot recieve freeview.

Assuming you live near Malpas with a SY14 7 postcode, you'll get Freeview from Stockland Hill. You'll need a Blake DMX10A (Group A) aerial and possibly a low noise masthead amplifier, too.

This assumes that there's no obstruction between your (unknown) location and the transmitter.

I cannot recieve freeview.
The people around where I live say we don't get freeview.

Stockland hill transmitter may not be reachable under normal conditions, because of the terrain,which is why people are probably saying you cannot get freeview.

In east devon, most people have to get their analogue transmissions from St Thomas instead of stockland hill for this reason.

a Blake DMX10A aerial should have enough gain for a borderline/ no freeview area as it is a Standard 1 CAI Aerial and group A if you need to get freeview from a borderline area.

Again a full post code will be required for a more accurate response

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom