How to get Freesat in second room

Giddy307

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Humax 1100S in my living room and would like to get it in a second room. The only cables coming in from the satellite dish, come in to the living room. Would a tvlink work or are there any other ways of getting the picture in a second room?

Hi, I have a Humax 1100S in my living room and would like to get it in a second room. The only cables coming in from the satellite dish, come in to the living room. Would a tvlink work or are there any other ways of getting the picture in a second room?

Run a flat cat 7 network cable and use a pair of HD baluns

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extender-N...&keywords=HDMI+extender+with+ir+and+hdmi+loop

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ethernet-N...d=1552816374&sr=8-3&keywords=flat+cat+7+cable

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Run a flat cat 7 network cable and use a pair of HD baluns

Amazon product ASIN B071S7VQWX
Amazon product ASIN B01N3MHJAZ
Hi

I am having a similar problem, I have ran a cat 6 cable and purchased a HDMI extender (below)

(Amazon product ASIN B01E4YNKBI) ,

however still not receiving it at the other tv. getting that red power symbol next to the hdmi icon on my samsung tv, I do not have the HD baluns, why would I need these? I'm not a big techie btw!!

Humax 1100s - hdmi - extender - cat 6 - receiver - hdmi - tv

Appreciate any pointers!

Hi

I am having a similar problem, I have ran a cat 6 cable and purchased a HDMI extender (below)

(Amazon product ASIN B01E4YNKBI) ,

however still not receiving it at the other tv. getting that red power symbol next to the hdmi icon on my samsung tv, I do not have the HD baluns, why would I need these? I'm not a big techie btw!!

Humax 1100s - hdmi - extender - cat 6 - receiver - hdmi - tv

Appreciate any pointers!

The ones linked to have a hdmi loop out. What are using to provide a HDMI input to the pair you bought at the transmitter end ?

The OP had a Humax Freesat satellite box he wanted to feed a local TV and a second one at another location.

Do you have a similar device like a Freeview-HD or Freesat PVR or other external box that you connect to your main TV. No TV:s have hdmi out so a single TV cannot be used.

The ones linked to have a hdmi loop out. What are using to provide a HDMI input to the pair you bought at the transmitter end ?

The OP had a Humax Freesat satellite box he wanted to feed a local TV and a second one at another location.

Do you have a similar device like a Freeview-HD or Freesat PVR or other external box that you connect to your main TV. No TV:s have hdmi out so a single TV cannot be used.
Thanks for the quick response!

Main tv has co-ax from digital aerial and hdmi input from Humax box (separate dish). Out of curiosity I disconnected the hdmi to the existing tv, and ran it to the extender, expecting that it would run to the kitchen no problem, only about 15m away. This did not work.

Going forward, what would I need to have one humax box serving two tv's, independent of one another (separate channels on at the same time etc)

Main tv has co-ax from digital aerial and hdmi input from Humax box (separate dish). Out of curiosity I disconnected the hdmi to the existing tv, and ran it to the extender, expecting that it would run to the kitchen no problem, only about 15m away. This did not work.

Going forward, what would I need to have one humax box serving two tv's, independent of one another (separate channels on at the same time etc)
That's simply not possible. You need two boxes to do that.

Noted. Any ideas as to why the hdmi extender did not work? The Humax box is in the living room and I want the tv in the kitchen to receive the Humax output. Hdmi from Humax box to HDMI extender transmitter, over Cat 6, to receiver and back to kitchen TV via HDMI. Am I missing something here??
That's simply not possible. You need two boxes to do that.

You can use the kit you bought though the option I linked to makes it simpler. because it has a HDMI loop in out sockets.

You need a HDMI spliitter like this one.

Amazon product ASIN B085HFPWKQ
A short extra HDMI cable.

Noted. Any ideas as to why the hdmi extender did not work? The Humax box is in the living room and I want the tv in the kitchen to receive the Humax output. Hdmi from Humax box to HDMI extender transmitter, over Cat 6, to receiver and back to kitchen TV via HDMI. Am I missing something here??

Yes you are missing something. The original device I posted a link to would have made it a lot simpler because it has a built in HDMI in HDMI loop out sockets.

You need a HDMI Splitter like this one.

And a short extra HDMI cable. Connect the Humax HDMI out cable to the splitter in. Connect one splitter out to the transmiiter in using the new short cable. Connect the HDMI cable used to the TV remote end to the other splitter out.

Next question do both TV's have the same resolution. say Full-HD 1920 x 1080 then that will be fine. If the remote TV has a lower resolution then the local TV signal will be downgraded. to match the kitchen TV.

Lastly you will need to set the Humax box (You haven't posted the model number) , digital audio out from surround to stereo. If I knew which box I could be more specific..

If it's a second generation Freesat+ PVR . Home - Settings - Picture and sound - Digital Audio out - Change from multi-channel to stereo

Last edited:
You can use the kit you bought though the option I linked to makes it simpler. because it has a HDMI loop in out sockets.

You need a HDMI spliitter like this one.

A short extra HDMI cable.

Yes you are missing something. The original device I posted a link to would have made it a lot simpler because it has a built in HDMI in HDMI loop out sockets.

You need a HDMI Splitter like this one.

And a short extra HDMI cable. Connect the Humax HDMI out cable to the splitter in. Connect one splitter out to the transmiiter in using the new short cable. Connect the HDMI cable used to the TV remote end to the other splitter out.

Next question do both TV's have the same resolution. say Full-HD 1920 x 1080 then that will be fine. If the remote TV has a lower resolution then the local TV signal will be downgraded. to match the kitchen TV.

Lastly you will need to set the Humax box (You haven't posted the model number) , digital audio out from surround to stereo. If I knew which box I could be more specific..

If it's a second generation Freesat+ PVR . Home - Settings - Picture and sound - Digital Audio out - Change from multi-channel to stereo
I don’t have the model to hand but I’m sure I can work it out. Thanks a million

I don’t have the model to hand but I’m sure I can work it out. Thanks a million
Just to be clear, you will still not be able to view two different channels from the one box. Good luck.

much simpler to use an Enigma2 Receiver then you can use android boxes with kodi on additional TVs around the house, with this method you can control the receiver watch and set up recordings etc buy something like the gigablue uhd ue 4k and change your LNB to a unicable and you will have 8 tuners plenty for the whole house

Enigma 2 boxes and simple are two words that do not belong together and thats before you add kodi into the mix.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom