1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get dvdimport to respond to emails

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by dude1971, Apr 28, 2003.

1. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As long time readers of this forum will know, I've had problems with dvdimport.com responding to emails. After trying 4 different addresses and waiting over a month, I sent all the addresses a demand for a response within 24 hours or I would contact Trading standards.

This woke them up as I had a response within the hour and they apologised but said that they didn't receive any emails from me (despite the fact that the replies came from the same accounts that I mailed...). They no respond within 30 minutes, and even sent messages to my home account and the account on their website in my name.

Let's see if they replace Donnie Darko just as quickly :-#

Cheers

Dude

2. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    That's good news, Dude, but I doubt Trading Standards would have scared them - TS only cover UK companies don't they?

It is bad though, that many retailers simply fail to repond to e-mails, and it takes threats to get a reply from them. I had to cancel an order from Digital Eyes, and after sending them four e-mails, to no effect, I ended up having to ring them!! The guy did apologise and gave the excuse that they were moving premises / servers, or some sh*t, but that doesn't stop them taking orders, so it shouldn't stop them amswering e-mails either.

3. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I knew that Trading Standards wouldn't touch them but I threatened to contact the relevant agency in their country. I don't even know where they're based, so I'd struggle ;-)

p.s. It's Canada, I think!