1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get DTS and DD Pass thru on sonic fury?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by bigfatlad, Jul 3, 2002.

1. bigfatlad

bigfatlad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I have the sonic fury card installed and set to spdif out using win2k SP2 and a mono 3.5mm->Phono converter to digital coaxial cable. I get a digital signal when playing mp3s (the amp indicates this) but i get no sound when trying to pass dts and dd out from a DVD. I only get DVD sound when windvd or powerdvd is set to analogue sound signal. (this is still passed thru the sonic fury's spdif socket)

Ive read previous posts about this problem and may ppl say 'turn off AC3 decoding' ... where is this option?...i see it no where!

Ive got a retail version of powerDVD 3 and winDVD 4

WinDVD 4 set to 'spdif pass thru to external processor'. this is the only option i can see for digital connections.

PowerDVD is set to 'use spdif' - the software reports the spdif is in use when playing a film ....but still no sound or signal is picked up by my Denon avr3802.

please HCPC gurus share your knowledge. ;)

any help is much appreciated

thank you

D.

*edit* i only have an IDE cable and CD audio cable connected to the DVD drive internally. Is there another connection i need for DD and dts pass thru?

2. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Hi
    I have the same sound card and have no trouble getting DD/DTS passthrough, so the card is capable etc.

The 3.5mm jack should have two phono's out, i use the red one for PCM(Stereo) and DD/DTS passthrough (The white one only does PCM normally).

Do a search for the Santa Cruz Turtle Beach drivers as this is the same card but with better drivers.

The place for making changes to external decoding is in "control panel" under "Sonic Fury/Santa Cruz Control Panel", i have mine set to "Digital Out"(Spdif out) on the "Versa Jack" option drop down panel etc.

If you have no luck, post back and i will reply with "all" my settings in this control panel etc.

Paul

3. bigfatlad

bigfatlad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers fulabeer,

it was the 3.5mm mono jack - phono converter i was using. when i swapped to a 3.5mm jack -> 2 phono cable as you use, the problem went away. dd and dts working a treat now.
    great stuff

thanx

d.

4. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Great stuff!:D