How to get Arcade downloads on Replacement 360

maximum

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just had my XBOX 360 taken away to be checked by my insurance companies engineers. I've got a distinct feeling I will never see it again with a new one being supplied.
( The engineer said it cost the insurance to much to investiagte and ship back. The TV has water damage so they took the XBOX and dvd to check as well. I think he's going to keep them for himself or sell ;))

Anyway, when my new XBOX arrives can I get all those Arcade games I downloaded and can I get it to link to my Live account?

Cheers

They are linked to your live account - they wont cost you anything to download again.

Gary

You can download them again for free. BUT, you'll only be able to play them when you are connected to XBL. If you take your XBox off the interweb, have a net outage or LIVE goes down, you won't be able to play them anymore.

I'm currently in my 3rd month of fighting with MS to get my points refunded to a temporary silver account. This is their method of fixing the problem. The temp account buys the content again with the refunded points, and the DRM is bound to the new console for all users.

Yesterday MS told me that they have a new way of doing this. I was told to recover my gamertag and all would be hunky-dory. It took 4 attempts to recover (kept bailing out at 75%), and guess what? I STILL can't play my paid-for content offline.:mad:

If you have a exchanged/replaced console, that includes all you new elite owners too, get on the blower to MS and push for a refund of points. It's the only way they'll look at changing the cruddy DRM that walks all over the customer to keep MS shareholder's pockets lined.

You can download them again for free. BUT, you'll only be able to play them when you are connected to XBL. If you take your XBox off the interweb, have a net outage or LIVE goes down, you won't be able to play them anymore.

I'm currently in my 3rd month of fighting with MS to get my points refunded to a temporary silver account. This is their method of fixing the problem. The temp account buys the content again with the refunded points, and the DRM is bound to the new console for all users.

Yesterday MS told me that they have a new way of doing this. I was told to recover my gamertag and all would be hunky-dory. It took 4 attempts to recover (kept bailing out at 75%), and guess what? I STILL can't play my paid-for content offline.:mad:

If you have a exchanged/replaced console, that includes all you new elite owners too, get on the blower to MS and push for a refund of points. It's the only way they'll look at changing the cruddy DRM that walks all over the customer to keep MS shareholder's pockets lined.

Cheers Codehead. Just heard from insurers, 360 Elite being delivered. Old 360 gone. Damn, I can't even remeber all the stuff I bought. How did you contact MS? If you got a email on tel number that would be great.

Cheers Codehead. Just heard from insurers, 360 Elite being delivered. Old 360 gone. Damn, I can't even remeber all the stuff I bought. How did you contact MS? If you got a email on tel number that would be great.

If you look at your gamertag details either after recovering your account on the new 360 or on Xbox.com that should give you an idea of what you have played and bought especially if you got at least one achievement in each game.

They (MS) have a record of it all, just call the 0800 number from XBox website and they'll get the ball rolling. When I started my claim, I remembered all the games and the GHII DLC, but forgot about the 800MSP GoW map pack. :eek: They gave me a breakdown of all items and values right there and then.

In other news, after shouting at them over lunch, I've had my call escalated to the 'R' team, who apparently, will get back to me within 48hrs and sort everything. Watch this space.

[EDIT] The MS helpline is 0800 587 1102

They (MS) have a record of it all, just call the 0800 number from XBox website and they'll get the ball rolling. When I started my claim, I remembered all the games and the GHII DLC, but forgot about the 800MSP GoW map pack. :eek: They gave me a breakdown of all items and values right there and then.

In other news, after shouting at them over lunch, I've had my call escalated to the 'R' team, who apparently, will get back to me within 48hrs and sort everything. Watch this space.

[EDIT] The MS helpline is 0800 587 1102

I'm at the same point as you, apparently they no longer give points refunds (as people were just buying different games), but they will add the DRM license to your new 360 so you can play them offline.

apparently they no longer give points refunds (as people were just buying different games),

B-gger! I was looking forward to 'accidentaly' grabbing the Crackdown and Marvel:UA DLC with some of my refunded points.

I'm at the same point as you, apparently they no longer give points refunds (as people were just buying different games), but they will add the DRM license to your new 360 so you can play them offline.

that story could be taken with a pinch of salt,until it becomes an official announcement.
from what ive read,they are "meant to be",adding it at point of repair/replacement,so to get that,you would have to send it off,not to return it to the store.
i would hope they could add the license,but with 2 years of non compliance to peoples problems,i cant see it happening soon.

I had the same issue after getting a refurbed console from MS. Sent an email of complaint and received a reply telling me to delete all the games/content and re-download.

This worked for me and both users can play them on and offline. However others have tried (including Codehead in another thread) and its not worked.

Not worked out why it worked for me and nobody else - try sending an email to the support address?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom