1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get all the speakers going while watching tv

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Poolsharkie69, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Poolsharkie69

Poolsharkie69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so I love my 1500. I usually watch tv from my SAT box (RCA for audio and s video for image). It sounds lively and seems to work best to my ears. I have tried switching to Dolby (surround) and it doesn't seem to have the same punch...ie I have to turn the volume up. I understand that it is taking the analogue signal and processing it. With my 1500 I never get the front panel to display that all the speakers ar ebeing used unless im watching a DVD in 5.1. If I select Dolby while watching tv shouldn't it show all my speakers lit up on teh display? Can any other Yammy owners let me know if I am off my rocker please?

Thanks

Pool

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    You need to select Dolby Pro Logic II for 5.1 for stereo source

3. Mandel

Mandel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "shouldn't it show all my speakers lit up on teh display"
    No, the display shows the input format not the output format. You want to select Dolby Prologic 2 or DTS:Neo to decode stereo sources. You can also use the 5 channel stereo mode if you want it to just widen the stereo effect to use all the speakers without adding much extra decoding

4. Poolsharkie69

Poolsharkie69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ahhhh now I get it. It displays the input format...thanks guys...im such a dummy sometimes with my yammy. Nice poem. What do you guys listen to tv with? Dolby PL2 or Stereo? I find 7 channel stero gives the fullest sound even though I only have 4 surrounds and a sub and of course the center.

5. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    I now use DPL 2x as I have 7 speakers up but I think I prefere the sound of NEO:6. Have a listen and see what you prefere as we are all different. One of my firneds only uses 5 channel stereo for listening to tv with.

6. bazlion

bazlion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I listen to nearly everything in 5 channel stereo on my Yam' 350,sounds good to me, and that's the main thing, if you like it, it's good