• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

how to get a photo removed from facebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdus

Established Member
Someone posted some photos of my little one in her album. I've asked that person to remove the pictures, but she wouldn't do it.

Is there a way to report it to facebook and get them removed?

I've tried the 'report this photo' button but it asks for some reason (none of which is valid).

:thumbsup:

mmace

Established Member
where was it taken?
if it was in public or at their house etc then they don't have to remove it.

I don't understand why people want their photo's removing, I know someone who asked for their kids photos to be removed by everyone, now when there's a party their kids don't have any photos taken of them by anyone, everyone uses Facebook and it has privacy settings for photos so there's no problem and it's a good way for sharing with friends and family

Owen824

Prominent Member
Have to say the OP does not make it very clear as to the scenario of why they want them removed. More details like people asked above such as where the photos were taken, what context are they in, etc would help us to point you in the right direction if in fact you have a case for getting them removed.

Most likely though, if they are in a public place with friends like a birthday party or something then i would doubt there is much chance of getting them removed. have you tried contacting the person to ask them to remove them. does seem odd that you want the pics removed unless they are in bad taste.

abdus

Established Member
I like the posts above that I want some pictures removed. No they are not of bad taste.

It was at a birthday party where that person was invited too. She took the photos without my consent and uploaded them to facebook (which happens to be a public forum)

I upload my own photos if I want to

I don't need someone else to uplaod pictures of my family without my consent

Whatever the context, the consent was not there in either case: taking the photos and then uploading them.

Have to say the OP does not make it very clear as to the scenario of why they want them removed. More details like people asked above such as where the photos were taken, what context are they in, etc would help us to point you in the right direction if in fact you have a case for getting them removed.

Most likely though, if they are in a public place with friends like a birthday party or something then i would doubt there is much chance of getting them removed. have you tried contacting the person to ask them to remove them. does seem odd that you want the pics removed unless they are in bad taste.

did I not make it clear in the first post? It seems to jumped on board only to state your opinion and not properly reading my original post

abdus

Established Member
and my original question has not even been answered.

Is there a way to get the photos removed?

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
I'm with the OP on this one - why should you have to justify not wanting pictures of your kids plastered over a website? What if it wasn't facebook, but some other prominent website that anyone can look at - would there be an objection then? Or does facebook have a 'special status'?

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
and my original question has not even been answered.

Is there a way to get the photos removed?

It looks like the best you can do is prevent users from tagging pictures of you/your kids, but you can't do anything about the actual photo. If you prevent tagging though, people would be unable to 'search' for photos of you/your kids.

See here

abdus

Established Member
where was it taken?
if it was in public or at their house etc then they don't have to remove it.

I don't understand why people want their photo's removing, I know someone who asked for their kids photos to be removed by everyone, now when there's a party their kids don't have any photos taken of them by anyone, everyone uses Facebook and it has privacy settings for photos so there's no problem and it's a good way for sharing with friends and family

Not at their house..

Unfortunately, not everyone uses facebook.

there is a problem when there is no consent. And privacy settings are there for people who use them. Not everyone uses them

abdus

Established Member
It looks like the best you can do is prevent users from tagging pictures of you/your kids, but you can't do anything about the actual photo. If you prevent tagging though, people would be unable to 'search' for photos of you/your kids.

See here

I've had to sign up to facebook to untag the pic...lol

Already done that.

I've also updated my profile to share with friends and family:

my profile message now is: 'I just farted' :) so everybody can be kept upto date with my life. I'll let them know/updated next time I'm using the loo.

Owen824

Prominent Member
welcome to nancy britain...treat your kid like michael jackson's then and cover their faces at all times and not allow them out in public. just cannot see the big deal here.

abdus

Established Member
welcome to nancy britain...treat your kid like michael jackson's then and cover their faces at all times and not allow them out in public. just cannot see the big deal here.

thanks for your input and the tasteless comparison to Jackson's kids. :rolleyes:

Codehead

Distinguished Member
facebook (which happens to be a public forum)

Sorry to be picky, but Facebook photo galleries aren't always public. They can be, but generally they're limited to the poster's 'friends'.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member

So if you went into a pub and there were pictures of your kids playing in the garden up on the noticeboard - you wouldn't be bothered? Or try to take them down? Or ask why they were there? (Let's pretend pubs have noticeboards)

abdus

Established Member
Sorry to be picky, but Facebook photo galleries aren't always public. They can be, but generally they're limited to the poster's 'friends'.

picky word here is 'always'....and as already stated above, not everyone uses the privacy settings

That person has friends which I am not friends with. So should I count them as 'friends' and allow sharing of the photos with them?

Owen824

Prominent Member
So if you went into a pub and there were pictures of your kids playing in the garden up on the noticeboard - you wouldn't be bothered? Or try to take them down? Or ask why they were there? (Let's pretend pubs have noticeboards)

Short answer- No. Whats the big deal? May ask for some coin for sponsoring the pubs child friendly atmosphere but not bothered about having them taken down unless they were in any way tasteless or offensive which the OP has said his pictures of his kid are not...

a lot bigger things to worry about...:boring:

shahedz

Distinguished Member
Maybe you shouldn't take your kids to birthday parties or any social occasion if you fear cameras and facebook so much.

Do you really expect a birthday invite, then a permission slip for photos. What next one for pass the parcel?

Wouldn't be surprised if your kids are no longer invited to parties. :suicide: The poor things will probably get ridiculed at school for it.

abdus

Established Member
Maybe you shouldn't take your kids to birthday parties or any social occasion if you fear cameras and facebook so much.

Do you really expect a birthday invite, then a permission slip for photos. What next one for pass the parcel?

Wouldn't be surprised if your kids are no longer invited to parties. :suicide: The poor things will probably get ridiculed at school for it.

helpful :smashin: :rolleyes:

abdus

Established Member
Short answer- No. Whats the big deal? May ask for some coin for sponsoring the pubs child friendly atmosphere but not bothered about having them taken down unless they were in any way tasteless or offensive which the OP has said his pictures of his kid are not...

a lot bigger things to worry about...:boring:

like? posting on this thread?

kav

Distinguished Member
I think you would struggle to force anybody to take down the photos - they were taken in the public domain and it doesn't sound like they are being used for profit, and I don't think there are any privacy laws being broken. Why is it such a concern for you, bearing in mind that the average person is photographed hundreds of times each year?

abdus

Established Member
FAO of shahedz, Owen824 and others who don't see the big deal, other friends of mine have pictures of my little one on their private album. I don't mind that.

So I don't need to be MJ nor not take my kid to anywhere/parties.

However getting someone else who i'm not familiar with to post pictures of me or my family, I don't want to. esp if their profile is public and viewable.

smallclanger

Prominent Member

To be honest I thought it was a good post. One of my friends has told me how careful he has to be taking pictures of his kids on sports days etc because of other parents demands for their kids not to appear in photos. I think it's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom