How to get a good Sky Q deal - Part 2

Just got off the phone. Was paying £59.50 for everything and it jumped to over a £100. Got it down to £45 but lost sports. No doubt they will come back and try with an offer for that

I am doing the merry cancellation dance with Sky. I currently have two offers:

Option 1 from first chat:

Signature - £16
Netflix Premium - £6
Cinema - £8
Multiscreen - £15
HD - £3

So £48.

Option 2, from second chat.

Signature - £18
Netflix Premium - £6
HD - £3
Ultra HD - £4

Plus £36 credit to bring the overall price to the equivalent of £29 a month.

Not bothered about multiscreen as we don't use it much.

Are these offers any good? Tempted to go for the one without cinema and then see if I get the £5 a month offer for cinema.
So sky text me stating they have a fantastic offer to stay. Contacted their messaging service and they offered me £46 for the first option. No thanks.

I think I may actually have to go through with the cancellation this time.

I think that’s a problem most of us are facing now. So much good content has left that I’m struggling to justify what I pay for Sky. The only definite for me is that I’m not prepared to pay a penny more. If that means I need to cancel, I would do so. Sky in 2021 is an ok thing to have if the price is right but I won’t find myself trying to justify a price increase. Those days are gone.
This was exactly my discussion with renewal reps. Pre-deal when price jumped to near £100 and even when first dire deal offered (£75+) I asked rep how can they justify that price when I can Disney+ and all its contents for near enough 1 months Sky ? Even Netflix full price is only 2 months Sky subs.

We were quite prepared to cancel. Only really use Sport and Movies - so essentially forced into paying the bulk of £30+ for the ridiculous pricing structure for terrestrial TV and to get 4K and privilege of watching on more than 1 TV !

Certainly (as far as our household viewing habits go) there isn't the 'must-see' programs anymore on the Sky-branded channels and the premium add-ons (Nat GEO etc).

Anyway rant over ! Just starting 18 month deal so will be interesting to see the TV landscape and pricing is like then.

Made a call this lunchtime following a text.

Didn't get the breakdown but for TV it worked out at £62.50 a month - an improvement on the £67 I was offered at the time of cancellation.

However I signed up last time at £53.50 which increased to £56 with an RPI change I think - and for me I have a cut off once gets to £60+.

Cancellation remains in place.

Yes, but then you have to remember how rarely we get years like this in F1 !

Agreed.

I never have the time to watch much sport start to finish - but will often pop the TV on whilst its on and catch the end of something, or have it on whilst doing jobs.

As part of an overall TV package I am happy with its great - but I know if I went to Now I'd rarely pay for an event.

The 'must have' element of Sky outside of Sport has definitely faded...Netflix, iPlayer, Disney, Apple, Prime can all offer more than enough films / shows.

I do like the all in one interface and the sport - but I don't value it enough to pay the costs they ask without discounting.

I moved back to Sky 6 years ago after a bit of a break - and have been on a 'deal' ever since. I think that I might be on the list that they aren't willing to push the boat out for anymore - and fair enough.

I've bought a Now monthly sports pass for the final few races of the year. I barely watch any entertainment on Sky now so effectively I'd be paying a hell of a lot (even with discounts) to effectively just watch F1. When we next get a close year - at the end - I'll just dip into NowTV like now.

I'll be having the pleasure of haggling with Sky over the next few days - currently have the full package including broadband & phone so it's £150 a month or near as damn it.

The only thing I'm going to miss is F1 in UHD, and the occasional football match - half tempted to switch to BT for that.

So sky text me stating they have a fantastic offer to stay. Contacted their messaging service and they offered me £46 for the first option. No thanks.

I think I may actually have to go through with the cancellation this time.
£46 for the first option isn't too shabby.

Notice given just now to end contract on 13th December. Will keep you posted.
The returns dept were on this afternoon giving me details of returns procedure etc. The rather nice guy had a look at deals for my package of signature and sport, UHD, hD sport and multi room. High £70 something. It was a short conversation.

Their pricing is still with the mindset they are the only pay TV provider out there. Far too many alternatives now and the slick interface alone isn't worth it.

With hindsight, I should have skipped Sky Cinema when recontracting. Even at £5 a month, it's not good value - very little new content, understandably.

Put my 31 days notice in 3 days ago (first time ever doing this fully)

Signature
Netflix
UHD
Sky Sports Premier League
Sky Sports HD
Sky HD
One Multiroom sub

Broadband is in contract until May 2022 so could not do anything with that

When offers stopped it was going to £66 a month for the TV packages and they offered it for £61 on the phone, declined and had nothing since, how long usually until they get in touch ?

Gave my 31 days notice yesterday, knew I was going to struggle after I got a cracker of a deal when I returned to Sky from BT.

Currently have:

Signature
Ultimate TV add on (Netflix etc.)
Cinema
Complete Sky Sports
Kids
UHD & HD
Multiroom

All TV for £48.50 + Superfast Broadband (with Boost and Anytime calls) @ £31.

Standard pricing increased to £136 after offers end, made the call and was offered £115. Gave notice, the boring game of cat and mouse begins.

Just spent an hour on chat with Sky to renew my contract, was offered 3 deals after haggling:

Offer 1:
Sky Signature at £23 a month
Netflix at £5 a month
Kids at £3
HD at £6
Sky Cinema at £8
Sky Q Multiscreen at £13
Sky Broadband Superfast, including line rental, Pay as You Talk calls at £28
This brings your total to £86 a month

Offer 2: (after mentioning the Black Friday Deal on Broadband)
Sky Signature at £23 a month
Netflix at £5 a month
Kids at £3
HD at £6
Sky Cinema at £8
Sky Q Multiscreen at £13
Sky Broadband Superfast, including line rental, Pay as You Talk calls at £25
This brings your total to £83 a month

Offer 3: (I accepted this one)
Sky Signature at £19 a month
Netflix at £5 a month
Kids at £1
HD at £3
Sky Cinema at £8
Sky Q Multiscreen at £15
Sky Broadband Superfast, including line rental, Pay as You Talk calls at £26
This brings your total to £77 a month

Pretty happy with Option 3, I was paying £122.45 and they waived the £20 admin fee too!

Gave my 31 days notice yesterday, knew I was going to struggle after I got a cracker of a deal when I returned to Sky from BT.

Currently have:

Signature
Ultimate TV add on (Netflix etc.)
Cinema
Complete Sky Sports
Kids
UHD & HD
Multiroom

All TV for £48.50 + Superfast Broadband (with Boost and Anytime calls) @ £31.

Standard pricing increased to £136 after offers end, made the call and was offered £115. Gave notice, the boring game of cat and mouse begins.
It does seem like a frustrating process - I'd be interested in the data set on % Sky customers with a deal / % without.

I wonder how many never haggle?

Good luck with the process.

Put my 31 days notice in 3 days ago (first time ever doing this fully)

Signature
Netflix
UHD
Sky Sports Premier League
Sky Sports HD
Sky HD
One Multiroom sub

Broadband is in contract until May 2022 so could not do anything with that

When offers stopped it was going to £66 a month for the TV packages and they offered it for £61 on the phone, declined and had nothing since, how long usually until they get in touch ?

This is the second time I have actually initiated the cancellation process - last time within 48 hours there was a message on the MySky function on the TV interface offering me a 50% deal to stay. Dead straightforward.

Different this time.

Had a call at the time of cancellation - reasonable offer but not what I required to stay.

Nothing for a week then got a standard text saying call to see their amazing deals - called and it was a better deal by a few pounds but still above my cut-off price.

I am now 13 days into the cancellation process - service ends on the 5th December - and will see what happens.

I think to answer your question is the old 'piece of string' - different people experience different levels of service and contact. Potentially, it seems as though if you have had a number of deals in a row that they are less likely to come up with an attractive deal - but not sure how to confirm this as its anecdotal.

I've been with them 6 years and never paid full-price (3 one year deals and now at the end of my second 18 month deal) - so it might be the end of the road for me and Sky.

FWIW I managed to get everything except Movies for £49/month (TV only, not interested in their broadband and SIM's they kept trying to tempt me with)

FWIW I managed to get everything except Movies for £49/month (TV only, not interested in their broadband and SIM's they kept trying to tempt me with)

Cinema seems to be £8 a month, so £57 in total.

I'd reverse my cancellation for that offer if it was made to me. Basic rule I have - is less than £60 is value for money.

This is the second time I have actually initiated the cancellation process - last time within 48 hours there was a message on the MySky function on the TV interface offering me a 50% deal to stay. Dead straightforward.

Different this time.

Had a call at the time of cancellation - reasonable offer but not what I required to stay.

Nothing for a week then got a standard text saying call to see their amazing deals - called and it was a better deal by a few pounds but still above my cut-off price.

I am now 13 days into the cancellation process - service ends on the 5th December - and will see what happens.

I think to answer your question is the old 'piece of string' - different people experience different levels of service and contact. Potentially, it seems as though if you have had a number of deals in a row that they are less likely to come up with an attractive deal - but not sure how to confirm this as its anecdotal.

I've been with them 6 years and never paid full-price (3 one year deals and now at the end of my second 18 month deal) - so it might be the end of the road for me and Sky.
I need them to do something before the 31 days is up or the wife will kill me :) she can't wait for Sex In The City coming back :p in December

Looking to pay around £50-£55 a month for the TV (keep same as I have now)

We do actually use Sky Q an awful lot (and the Multi room sub as well) and the interface is very slick, the HDR football has also been brilliant this season as well :cool:

I will hold out as long as I can but can see me giving them a call a couple of days before the 31 is up if nothing offered

If I did hold out and cancel and return the boxes, can the wife then sign up as a new customer as the same address, bit of a faff with the boxes and that but might be a way forward

I think there is a bit of a cooling off period.

A friend and his partner did this trick - but they weren’t married and had different bank accounts.

Claimed it was a rental and change of tennnat

Just doing the negotiation dance and for the first time ever I’ve asked to move to cancellation. Wonder if anything will get offered ?

I need them to do something before the 31 days is up or the wife will kill me :) she can't wait for Sex In The City coming back :p in December

Looking to pay around £50-£55 a month for the TV (keep same as I have now)

We do actually use Sky Q an awful lot (and the Multi room sub as well) and the interface is very slick, the HDR football has also been brilliant this season as well :cool:

I will hold out as long as I can but can see me giving them a call a couple of days before the 31 is up if nothing offered

If I did hold out and cancel and return the boxes, can the wife then sign up as a new customer as the same address, bit of a faff with the boxes and that but might be a way forward
Do what I done, call their bluff, let it cancel, for 48hrs go on chat on this link www.sky.com/comeback10 and tell them you are having BT tv installed soon and before you send the boxes back is there any last offers to make you stay. By doing this I pay £47 a month for everything 👍

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom