Quantcast

How to get a good Sky Q deal - Part 2

Scott28

Post 1095,
He got all channels including sports n movies (but no kids) for £35 so you could probably push for a slightly cheaper deal or see if there add sport n movies for £6 a month more.
Appreciate the advice, I was happy with it staying under £30pcm and I really don’t use it much, it’s mainly for my wife, with the ease of use and simplicity.

Bacus

Distinguished Member
Appreciate the advice, I was happy with it staying under £30pcm and I really don’t use it much, it’s mainly for my wife, with the ease of use and simplicity.
That's fine so long as you have the channel's you want at a price your happy with :smashin:

It would be great if folk would post up full package prices as in TV package, broadband & phone to see if better deal can be had for complete packages not just TV.

Toon Army

Looks like there are some good deals knocking about. Could Sky be worried about losing subscribers due to the economic downturn?

Scapegoat

Thank you. I have Netflix i added it to my girlfriends sky box can I use my account and sign into my Netflix account on my sky box and have it on her box same time?
I think I pay £10 a month I pay for 4K thinking it be ok on my monitor but think 4K streaming only works on tvs not monitors but does let me have 4 people sign into the account at one time. I pay £2 for sky hd. I will cancel multi room if it’s £10 and put it towards bt sports as I can always watch it in downstairs on my consoles. I usually game downstairs.
I used to have Netflix on a separate account and use the logon details on multiple devices (phone, tablet and Sky Box) and paid £7.99.

I “transferred” that account to Sky and saved £7.99 per month from not paying Netflix directly, my Sky bill increased by £2 - and the service was now Premium rather than standard and I use the details on all my previous devices.

Seemed a ‘no brainier’ as they say
Post 1095,
He got all channels including sports n movies (but no kids) for £35 so you could probably push for a slightly cheaper deal or see if there add sport n movies for £6 a month more.
£35 is a great deal. Is this will with Sky Q and Multi-room?

tony kop77

I used to have Netflix on a separate account and use the logon details on multiple devices (phone, tablet and Sky Box) and paid £7.99.

I “transferred” that account to Sky and saved £7.99 per month from not paying Netflix directly, my Sky bill increased by £2 - and the service was now Premium rather than standard and I use the details on all my previous devices.

Seemed a ‘no brainier’ as they say

£35 is a great deal. Is this will with Sky Q and Multi-room?
sky signature £17
sky sports complete pack £5
sky cinema £9
sky sports HD £2
sky hd £2
mulitiscreen £10 I will cancel this because in the phone I was told this would be £4 and I can always watch sky via console in another rook put £10 towards bt sports which is £25 in the future. My offer is for 18 months

I got sky q 1TB free installation and £50 credit. I already had sky broadband super fast and talk anytime extra for £27 a month so that’s £35 for tv as will cancel multi room and £27 phone and broadband although I use virgin broadband as I get 500mbps or more. Mum uses phone that’s why I got sky phone as she rings abroad has family in Italy and Canada

lisbonlion

Currently with virgin but contract runs out at the end of next month. Sky just sent me an email with the following offer.

TV & Cinema £23
Ultimate add on £6
Sport £13 (I would ask they suspend this or drop the price)
Kids £1
HD £2
UHD £3
Multiscreen £9

How does this compare with current offers that people are getting?

tony kop77

You don't need ultimate add on as you get Netflix with the sky signature that's my understanding of you want to save some money. I'm not going to bother with multiscreen although I booked it I saw they charging me £10 for it when I can just watch on console for amount of time I will use it in another room

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I believe you only get the basic Netflix (SD only, no HD) with Sky Signature whereas with Ultimate you'll get Netflix Premium HD/UHD.

lisbonlion

You don't need ultimate add on as you get Netflix with the sky signature that's my understanding of you want to save some money. I'm not going to bother with multiscreen although I booked it I saw they charging me £10 for it when I can just watch on console for amount of time I will use it in another room
Netflix isn't included ultimate add on is is netflix. According to the website anyway.
My Netflix is currently less so I can do without it. Hopefully if I take it they don't say I need both the HD and uhd amounts as on the website they are different. So full uhd package for £40 doesn't seem bad but then again its rare an actual TV channel goes on. Is there a way to see the 4k and atmos movie availability without signing up? Also has the quality of uhd got any better as it was pretty average when I had sky q previously.

giggsy1950

It'll be better than the Sky Q 1080i pic that's for sure! I had the 1tb box installed last week and the 1080i pic is definitely softer than the 1080i pic on my Sky+HD box when connected to my Kuro!

Scapegoat

Hello all,

Update following phone call today.

Current deal (ahead of RPI rises that are imminent) was £60 a month for:
Entertainment
Sports
Movies
Netflix
Sky Q
+1 Sky Q mini
All in HD/UHD

Basically everything.

The agent on the phone was pleasant and came back with in essence the same deal but with the RPI impact taking it to £67.50 a month on an 18 month deal.

I said that I needed to keep the costs the same but appreciated getting close - but decided to proceed with cancellation but will give the deal some consideration / check with the family etc. Was told that there was no guarantee that the offer would remain during the notice period, but would put a note on the account to state what it was, and if I decide I want to accept then call back and see if they can honour it.

Anyone got any recent experience being in a similar position? Will Sky re-contact me now I am in the 'cancellation' process to try and retain? In the past offers appeared on the 'My account' section on the Sky TV menu pages?

Price-wise the current offer is in the 'corridor of uncertainty'....its more than I want to pay / feel value in the service (over the years the level of sport has dropped e.g Tennis, BT Sport etc; and the Cinema channels don't seem to be the definitive place to watch all new releases anymore) but not by much.

tony kop77

Just checked my future bill and I was wrong it’s £40 for everything minus kids channel not £45 so if I get rid of multi room I get everything minus kids channel for £30 which I might do and put it towards bt sports instead.
i also pay super fast fibre and sky talk anytime extra for £22

lisbonlion

Just checked my future bill and I was wrong it’s £40 for everything minus kids channel not £45 so if I get rid of multi room I get everything minus kids channel for £30 which I might do and put it towards bt sports instead.
i also pay super fast fibre and sky talk anytime extra for £22
Is that with sports paused or including a charge for sports?

tony kop77

With sports. I don't have bt sports though at the moment. I just seen they have given me sky signature for £12 not £17. I upgraded my girlfriend to sky q and she's using my Netflix account. I got her multi room and ultimate TV package.
Just want to double check I don't have ultimate TV but I presume I can log into Netflix with my account on sky as well as her and watch Netflix or do I have to subscribe to ultimate TV as well as my girlfriend to both get it?

Last edited:

Bispers

Standard Member
As a current Sky+ customer coming to the end of my contract at £35p.m. rising to c£60 p.m. A conversation with Sky produced the following offer to move to Sky Q under a new 18 month contract:

Signature £17
Sport HD £18
HD £6
Ultra HD £3

Total £44p.m.

Admin fee £20 waived.
Upgrade to UHD Q box - cost not yet determined as they can’t take bookings.

Offer declined, given reduced income and not enough value (I have a working Humax HD recorder and most of the current recordings are BBC, given no sport.)

31 days notice given.

Feedback welcome on how this offer compares to what others have had.

Toon Army

As a current Sky+ customer coming to the end of my contract at £35p.m. rising to c£60 p.m. A conversation with Sky produced the following offer to move to Sky Q under a new 18 month contract:

Signature £17
Sport HD £18
HD £6
Ultra HD £3

Total £44p.m.

Admin fee £20 waived.
Upgrade to UHD Q box - cost not yet determined as they can’t take bookings.

Offer declined, given reduced income and not enough value (I have a working Humax HD recorder and most of the current recordings are BBC, given no sport.)

31 days notice given.

Feedback welcome on how this offer compares to what others have had.
Very reasonable offer. Should you change your mind, insist on having a v2 box ( external power pack ) due to HDR being introduced this week and a hybrid LNB for a freesat connection. I would suspend the sports immediately to get the initial cost even lower.

DeepDiver

Due to put my 30 days cancellation in this week. I'm I right in thinking the following price is correct?
Superfast Broadband & Sky Ultimate TV + HD/UHD would be £53. Similar package I have now apart from UHD. Just trying to get a baseline price to work from.

Bispers

Standard Member
Very reasonable offer. Should you change your mind, insist on having a v2 box ( external power pack ) due to HDR being introduced this week and a hybrid LNB for a freesat connection. I would suspend the sports immediately to get the initial cost even lower.
Thank you. Yes, I had seen HDR is due this week; but only learned of it after my call, on which it was not mentioned.
A hybrid LNB sounds very sensible too for flexibility.
The end of contract 'games' with Sky do become a little tiresome. In the past I have sometimes renewed if I get a fair offer and sometimes walked when it is too expensive and offers insufficient value.
Sport is currently suspended. Thanks for your thoughts.
I'll see how this plays out......

Scapegoat

3 days since I instigated my cancellation process and nothing more from Sky at the moment.

Have only done this once before - and they almost immediately sent a message to the My Sky section on the old Sky HD operating system with an offer that was very attractive so I clicked and accepted.

There doesn't appear to be the same process anymore, and I wonder given the reduced staffing levels due to COVID-19 that they are not in the position to be able to resource the normal retention processes and won't be reaching out to customers?

Therefore will the cancellation process will just run its course and come to an end? There doesn't appear to be anyone on this thread mentioning Sky contacting them post cancellation to offer improved deals

waveydavey13

What number are people using at present when calling to discuss new deals? The only number i can find on the website at present is 0333-7592202.

Wanting to discuss our fibre broadband which is now out of contract so wanting to move onto the newer plans with the newer Sky BB Hub.

Cheers

Toon Army

What number are people using at present when calling to discuss new deals? The only number i can find on the website at present is 0333-7592202.

Wanting to discuss our fibre broadband which is now out of contract so wanting to move onto the newer plans with the newer Sky BB Hub.

Cheers
0800 151 2747 has worked consistently for me in recent months.

lisbonlion

Screenshot_20200528_205240_com.android.chrome.jpg

Here's what I got offered after phoning. He forgot to put the kids for £1 on and I may get them to take the cinema off before install. But not bad I thought. Will probably add the ultimate as it works out at only £4 a month.

tony kop77

Not bad similar to mine but you have 2tb box. I got £50 credit and free installation. I'm thinking of cancelling multi room as I will subsvtive to bt sports and will keep cost down as I can watch on consoles in other room rather than have multi room

Attachments