How to get a good Sky Q deal - Part 2

Had an email offer this morning but probably quite a generic one of sky signature and sky cinema for £28.50 for 18 months, which might not be bad but of course I have uhd, Netflix premium and kids on top, and probably a charge for hd still!
I have sent back my Sky Q box, got an Email saying I know you miss us,come back...And the offer was Sky Signature £21, Netflix Standard £7, UHD,HD £10...Not a chance.

4 days until mine is switched off. They made a feeble attempt to get me to stay with not bad offer really, but not quite where I wanted to be..

May just call them once more. It does seem that they just don't mind losing long standing customers though. A bit risky, as folk will find there is life outside of SKY and getting them back could be very difficult.

Is it 30 days notice you negotiate or put in notice to leave? My contract ends on May 1st.
It's 31 days notice but that's a minimum, you can give more for it to end on a specified date.

2 weeks to go before our cancellation goes through. Just did a live chat and best they could offer for same package for TV/BB was £154 per month. That's the highest offer they've ever made. A week ago it was £151. It seems to keep going up and up rather than down and down. I'm not sure Sky have thought this new offers policy through here 😁

I'm on the online chat in the process of cancelling Sky Q now. Have been for over an hour while they review my account and try to come up with something. And there was me thinking online chat would be quicker than a phone call o_O

I'm on the online chat in the process of cancelling Sky Q now. Have been for over an hour while they review my account and try to come up with something. And there was me thinking online chat would be quicker than a phone call o_O

I feel your pain, I cancelled via the chat and it was like pulling teeth. I had to wait for about 15 mins twice while the advisor went for a break! When he did eventually come back with a deal for 18 months, it was £2.50 more than my out of contract price :rotfl:

Laughable honestly. The "SuperSaver" offer they just presented me with is £78 per month (Signature, Sports, Multiroom, Netflix Premium, UHD) if I commit to 18 months. I'm currently paying £66.50 per month for this very same package on offers Sky extended to me with no contract extension to Jan next year. I contact them to cancel to reduce costs, they offer me a higher price. :laugh::clap:

Had an email offer this morning but probably quite a generic one of sky signature and sky cinema for £28.50 for 18 months, which might not be bad but of course I have uhd, Netflix premium and kids on top, and probably a charge for hd still!
Have you had confirmation of you giving your notice to cancel yet? I'm experiencing the same. I've had it confirmed 3 times through chat but no email yet and future payments have not changed!!

Have you had confirmation of you giving your notice to cancel yet? I'm experiencing the same. I've had it confirmed 3 times through chat but no email yet and future payments have not changed!!
Yes I did, got no where via chat on either occation, when I called they were verp appolagetic and whilst still tried to offer me a deal which wasnt anything better and would only be better if I cancelled things off from what I have now, but during the call I did recieve my emails and my Sky app shows my future bills as being just my broadband, at £43 a month I might add but naturally didnt want to cancel this and also didnt want to comit to a 18month new deal with them at around £33 a month either just yet.

I would get on the phone my friend, as painful as that will be!

End of an era.... and start of a new one :)

Just over 18 months ago, I was shelling out £55 for the full TV package, complete with multiroom, UHD, etc. However, with the annual increases, the cost increased to £76.

Nobody in the household really uses Sky, we've just had it the last 18 years or so. The kids primarily rely on Netflix, while I do buy 4K discs, I also watch YouTube Premium, AppleTV+, TNT Sports, Peacock via VPN and Plex (with HD Home Run). SWMBO mainly uses Netflix, Prime, all conveniently accessible through AppleTV boxes.

Though I'll miss catching Premier League matches, I managed to snag a NowTV offer for £19.99, covering 12 months, and supplemented it with a boost for just £2 a month for the next 6 months.

If you think about it... Sky only holds certain Premier League rights anyway, TNT have some PL matches as well along with all European football, and Viaplay have the International Matches.

1711476547304.png

Just over 18 months ago, I was shelling out £55 for the full TV package, complete with multiroom, UHD, etc. However, with the annual increases, the cost increased to £76.

Nobody in the household really uses Sky, we've just had it the last 18 years or so. The kids primarily rely on Netflix, while I do buy 4K discs, I also watch YouTube Premium, AppleTV+, TNT Sports, Peacock via VPN and Plex (with HD Home Run). SWMBO mainly uses Netflix, Prime, all conveniently accessible through AppleTV boxes.

Though I'll miss catching Premier League matches, I managed to snag a NowTV offer for £19.99, covering 12 months, and supplemented it with a boost for just £2 a month for the next 6 months.

If you think about it... Sky only holds certain Premier League rights anyway, TNT have some PL matches as well along with all European football, and Viaplay have the International Matches.

View attachment 2025647
I only got the 2 finger salute followed by off...

View attachment 2025647
So do you need a TNT subscription as well. Isn’t that about £30? I assume that you can’t get UHD on Now?

View attachment 2025647
Paramount+ also do all the UEFA CL ,EL,and ECL for $5.99PCM.

Managed to finally confirm my notice of TV cancellation yesterday via online chat. I’d describe it as a tortuous process:
  1. Got past the bot to a human pretty quickly, to be told the human was dealing with multiple simultaneous chats so responses would be delayed. He was right, it took over 2 hours in all before they finally confirmed cancellation.
  2. They wanted to make me a broadband offer despite me telling them I was in contract with BT until July and would not consider switching until then.
  3. Quizzed me on my TV viewing habits. Pointless as I said I just wanted to cancel, but they wanted to find me an offer. Also, surely they have all that viewing habit data anyway?
  4. After more than an hour, the best “supersaver” TV offer they could come up with after quizzing me on viewing preferences was £78 per month for 18 months for the package I currently have at £66.50 per month for the rest of this year. A more expensive offer when I expressly told them I’d called to cancel due to spiralling costs :facepalm:
  5. Unsurprisingly I rejected the “offer” and reiterated my request to cancel. To be told (1) I was still in contract so couldn’t cancel and (2) I had failed the security verification and as they weren’t sure I was the Sky account holder they couldn’t do it. They asked me to call via phone or try via online chat again in 72 hours. Delaying tactics.
  6. At this point I got annoyed. My contract expires mid April so I reminded them of my entitlement to issue 31 days notice of cancellation. And I’d already passed security via a code they sent via text, so had no intention of abandoning the chat to end up in another phone call queue, or delay cancellation by another 72 hours. I asked to escalate to a manager and confirm cancellation.
  7. After a long delay, the cancellation was finally processed. Phew.
Glad to get it done, not happy with the process, the delaying tactics or the mindless “supersaver” offer that was worse than my current pricing. Previously the end of contract “dance” with Sky has resulted in a fair deal and I commit again. That’s the first time I’ve done it via online chat, I’d advise people to phone instead, talking usually works better in my experience, if the objective is to renegotiate a deal. For me, after 23 years as a “Diamond VIP” customer, it’s clear to me that the more loyal a customer is, the more they assume you’ll relent and stick with them whatever. Not this time. I’m out and happy to be so.

Put my notice in. Was on £35 a month and going to £42 April 1st. May 1st I am out of contract and it's going up to £84 a month.

Did online chat and only offer they had for me was TV essentials (Freeview) for £5 a month or £10 with multi-room. Kinda tempted with that.

My Samsung 2022 TV has a freesat port and wondered if I have to do anything to the LMB to make it work directly into the TV? I would be happy enough to use Freesat and NowTV app once in a while.

So,

Thought I would try one last phone call before it switches off on the next couple of days. Think I got through to the "win-back" team

I have actually managed to get the same package I have been on for the last 18 months, but pay less a month than I was before. Was not much bother at all, completely different experience to the several other contacts I had with them over the past month or so.

This person really seemed to know his stuff and how to get discounts on the parts of the package. I was happy with the offer and then he found another £3 a month off for me. This will not increase this April either and my Bills are reflecting what they said I would be paying..

I guess I got through to the right person and the right time.. Should'nt be this hard though, especially for longstanding and loyal customers.

Last edited:
So,

Thought I would try one last phone call before it switches off on the next couple of days. Think I got through to the "win-back" team

I have actually managed to get the same package I have been on for the last 18 months, but pay less a month than I was before. Was not much bother at all, completely different experience to the several other contacts I had with them over the past month or so.

This person really seemed to know his stuff and how to get discounts on the parts of the package. I was happy with the offer and then he found another £3 a month off for me. This will not increase this April either and my Bills are reflecting what they said I would be paying..

I guess I got through to the right person and the right time.. Should'nt be this hard though, especially for longstanding and loyal customers.
Good result, what number did you call please?

Good result, what number did you call please?

The one that someone listed on here a few messages ago..

0333 759 5168, went to a UK call centre, but they then transferred me on. Not sure whether it was because I was so close to it all switching off (Friday).

Agreed this while in cancellation. Then future bills show different.

Signature TV £18
netflix prem £11.50
ultra 33p
hd £0
cinema £6
£35.83

Future bill

sig £15.50
Netflix premium £11.50
ultra hd 3.33
hd £0
cinema £3
£33.33

Was also offered ultra fast 145mbs £30

The one that someone listed on here a few messages ago..

0333 759 5168, went to a UK call centre, but they then transferred me on. Not sure whether it was because I was so close to it all switching off (Friday).
Tried that number just now and got through to Leanne who offered us £146 a month :D That's about 10 quid better than we were offered on a live chat the other day. Cancellation is up on the 9th, think we're going to have to wait to get anywhere near what we were paying before (we have been paying £123 roughly until the last couple of months whyen offers started running out). Tired of all of this.

My Samsung 2022 TV has a freesat port and wondered if I have to do anything to the LMB to make it work directly into the TV? I would be happy enough to use Freesat and NowTV app once in a while.
If you currently have Sky Q then you would need to change your LNB to a universal one instead of wideband. Alternatively you can buy an Arris Freesat box which is compatible with your wideband LNB.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom