HOW TO GET 1920X1080P on SHARP LC-45GD1E USING PC

G

gennarino85

Hi Everybody,
Someone Know How To Get 1920x1080p On A Sharp Lc 45gd1e?
Should I Connect The Cable To The Av Box Or Should I Connect It Directly To The Monitor?
I've A Radeon 1900xt.

Evil Engineer

The DVI port on the AV box is 1080i only.

There are ways of achieving a direct 1080p connection that have worked on the equivalent US model:

Method 1: Turn on TV and give it 30 seconds to handshake with the AV box. Then "hot swap" the DVI portion of the three-headed cable from the back of the AV box to your PC. You have to be quick as the screen will power down automatically after a few seconds if it isn't getting a DVI signal.

Method 2: You need to totally disconnect the AV box (all three leads) from the back of the screen and connect the DVI cable from your computer directly to the back of the panel as if it were a very large PC monitor. Then boot PC as normal after turning the panel on.

It should be noted that the panel isn't designed as a PC monitor and can be very fussy. It's know to work fine with some video cards (Nvidia 6600GT in particular) and not very well or not at all with others. Also the monitor will only support two resolutions: 640x480 and 1920x1080 (at 60Hz only).

It may work fine or it may not work at all. But it is an unsupported hack so if by some slight chance something goes badly wrong don't tell Sharp what you've been up to.

Good Luck! :)

EDIT: See this thread from over on AVS for lots for info (if you can be bothered to wade through it).

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=5688677&&#post5688677

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom