How To Get £25 Towards A Router From Virgin!!

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by the porter, Sep 20, 2007.

1. the porter

the porter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,593
    im just letting people know that i was having trouble with my old netgear wireless router wgr614 ,,and thought about upgrading to a newer n router and saw the d link 635 in pc world for £70 so i thought i would ring VM up and chance my arm, i got put through to retentions as i told them i was considering moving my bb service, and then she said a good router is £50 and as a gesture of goodwill they could offer me £25 towards a new 1 which i have took and i know its not amazing but better than nowt !!so to anyone on virgin and wanting a router give them a ring like i did.

2. carol_s

carol_s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I'm having problems with my Netgear WGT624 router as well (see This thread in Networking forum). My problem is slow speeds if connected via the router and I too was think about a faster router.

Might try your recommendation of getting £25 off.

3. the porter

the porter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,593
    nothing ventured nothing gained all it takes is 10 mins on the phone and the router i mention in my post comes very highly reccomended .

4. the porter

the porter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,593
    i have just managed to pick up the d link 635 from komplett for £56 inc del so the £25 from virgin makes this £31 not bad me thinks

5. Cocacola

Cocacola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I've got a Netgear WGR614 and it was free from VM. Along with a wireless USB adapter.:thumbsup: I must admit that the signal does drop out every now and then:mad:

6. the porter

the porter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,593
    thats the same router they gave me when it was telewes,t my connection drops twice a day, if i connect straight to the modem i get 15 to 17 mb, when wireless through the netgear i get 3 to 5 mb, and even connected via ethernet via the router i only get 7mb, so to me that router is neither use nor ornament and apparently the d link should increase things dramatically.