1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to front an avi in timeline for DVD ?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Merlin, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Merlin

Merlin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At start of my premiere 6.5 timeline I currently have a tiff logo for 3 secs then 2 secs Cross Dissolve into movie. Not having a dvd player, can I ask what is best up front of the logo, so many secs of black or is it ok to immediately run with 3 secs of the logo, when these things spin up and display on tv would the 3 secs be lost I wonder, or does the chaptering or whatever allow for that ?

Merlin

2. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    As far as I'm aware, you don't need to have any black at the start of a DVD as it should start displaying from the very start.

I put 5 seconds of black at the start of my videos to allow for tape take-up time when I'm transfering the edited footage back to tape. I must admit that I don't usually bother removing it when I'm then creating my DVD's - what do a few seconds of black at the start matter anyway?

3. Merlin

Merlin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Melliott1963
    Thanks for the info. As you say whats a few secs of black up front, if it doesnt hiccup the dvd player then it gives someone a chance to get back to their seat so I shall tack a few secs up front of darkness !
    Merlin