How to fix my Sony Home Cinema???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by muddybloke, Dec 21, 2006.

1. muddybloke

muddybloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Hi all,

Nightmare - my home cinema system has just decided to pack in. I've got a Sony 5.1 DAV-SC6 DVD Home Cinema system.

Basically it the main dvd/amp unit. When i play dvds, after about 5 minutes the display counter will lock and i cant stop, pause, or return to the menu??? The dvd will continue playing though - i have to restart the machine if i want to stop it. All the rest of it seem fine.

Can anyone suggest what the best thing to do is? - it only had a 1 year warantee and is 2 years old.

Do you think if i took it into a sony store they could send it off to be fixed? - or is there another separate sony unit that i could buy to replace the naff one that would connect up to my existing speakers.

I dont really wanna buy another all in one home cinema system again when all the speakers work and it seems such a simple thing that doesnt work!?!

advice would be cool

thanks in advance

Muddy

2. hulleyrob

hulleyrob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Has the fan packed in that cools it down?

It could be overheating if its always locking after the same amount of time.

Rob

3. muddybloke

muddybloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I can still hear the fan so dont think it is that.

Sometimes it can take 15 mins before it locks up. Is strange since the dvd still players, its just the controls dont work. Thought it was the remote battery at first, but the buttons dont work on the unit either apart from the ON/OFF button and changing the AV function.

4. muddybloke

muddybloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Have found another person having this exact problem, apparantly its the dvd processor being faulty - has been known to happen on this model. Someone else had it fixed at a sony repair centre.

I think ill try and take it into a sony store after xmas to see if they can send it off to be fixed.

Can anyone recommend a good website that has good information on home cinema systems? - i used to use techtronics.com, and they always had good pictures and showed all the connections etc, and had top 10 in each field.

cheers and meery crimbo!

muddy