• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How to find the age of a property...?

Sparky83

Established Member
I'm trying to find out the age of the property we rent from the council, as i have found pictures online of my road...

284_zps7a383774.jpg

283_zps5cc198e5.jpg

I have also got a picture of the end of my road that has a date of 1895 i think but i can't find it now. So i think my house is older than 1900. I spoke to someone at the council recently that said the council acquired it in 1918.

I have brought the info off the Land registry, cost me £6. I talks about various properties that the council own, 5 to be exact. But doesn't give dates when they were built. The earliest date within the document is 1885, and its to do with a convenant.

Is there a easy and free if possible way of getting the age of a property?

Sparky83

Established Member
This is from almost the same place today... well whenever google took it.

ScreenShot2013-03-31at150630_zps90dee9d5.png

The property in the left of each of the old photo's is the same one with the 2 chimneys on the left of this one.

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
Did they have those back in 1885?

No, I was being an idiot.

Outside WC's came first and then WC's were brought indoors but I'm not sure they had a date stamp back then although many modern WC's do have a date stamp on the inside of the cistern, I say modern, most I rip out are anywhere from 80's to now.

Sparky83

Established Member
Wahreo said:
No, I was being an idiot.

Outside WC's came first and then WC's were brought indoors but I'm not sure they had a date stamp back then although many modern WC's do have a date stamp on the inside of the cistern, I say modern, most I rip out are anywhere from 80's to now.

I thought you might have hot the date wrong, read it as 1985 instead of 1885 or something.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom