How to find out which programs are Dolby Atmos

ilovelife

I've had a look on the tv guide and can't actually see anything that denotes if a program is in Atmos or not, for example the footy this coming weekend, 2 big games on Super Sunday and the info says nothing about Atmos.

So, how do I find out if a program has the Atmos track or not?

cheers

quinnmar

From what I understand it's only the football that's transmitted in UHD that has atmos audio

ilovelife

I see the uhd footy now under the sports section/ultra hd on the home page, however the info says nothing regarding atmos, is that normal? is it given that they broadcast every uhd game in atmos?

quinnmar

I'm sure Sky started broadcasting atmos for their UHD football transmissions at the start of this season

derek500

They normally put 'available in Dolby Atmos' in the description. This week they've left it off. All Premier
League matches have it, so I expect it's just human error.

Normally a voice search for Dolby Atmos finds content, but it's only picking up the film Sausage Party!!

A couple of weeks ago Sausage Party and Pixels were available with Atmos, but they were pulled after a few days.

quinnmar

ilovelife

Which Atmos soundbar did you buy?
I got the Samsung K950, hopefully will get it rigged up tomorrow, just waiting on my tv riser stand to be finished in the spray shop and a couple of single extension cables for the rear speakers as the power cables they provide are way too short to be of any use,

quinnmar

I'll be interested to know what you think of the K950 after having time to play with it.

ilovelife

I'll post my thoughts once its connected, i'll be hooking it up and playing about with it tomorrow evening.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom